blew by u likes it in the butt

smokinHawk1647545499

Guest FBody Addict
Originally posted by put on my robe and wizard hat:

water/meth injection

elaborate, a water/methanol injection setup? that does what? does the water vapor become steam in the cylinder for a better power stroke?

and oh yeah, he probably does

Water/Alcohol/Methanol injection is basically used to cool the air charge as it enters the cylinder. Water is used mostly for cooling since it isn't as combustible as alcohol or methanol. Alcohol and methanol are used kinda like a octane booster, not only do they cool the air charge but they also increase the octane so you are able to run more boost. Here's an example: Turbo Buicks are usually limited to about 17-18psi and around 18* timing on the street using 93 octane. By using alcohol you can increase the boost depending on the efficiency of the turbo, stock turbo you are limited to about 22psi before it becomes in-efficient, other turbo's that are more efficient can run in the 25-26psi range and so on. Not only is there added protection against detonation but you can also run more timing for even more power. Some guys are running 25psi on the street with 93 octane fuel which is quite a bit of boost. Methanol pretty much works the same way but it is a little bit stronger so there is more room for power. Personally I like alcohol, its easier on the pumps and the engine. Also it is alot cheaper than methanol.

Originally posted by Dr Chemist:

Florida is where all the slow racers hang out!

Actually, the car scene down there is amazing. Aside from 1 out of 3 cars being riced out, the amount of 10 and 11 second daily drivers is pretty outstanding. You could go down there on a weekend and come back with a big wad of cash if you have a sleeper ;)

Guest FBody Addict
Originally posted by Bad Ass Black Buick:

Water is used mostly for cooling since it is not combustible like alcohol or methanol.

fixed, unless you can prove to me water can burn

Originally posted by Dr Chemist:

It's "Go give someone an english lesson".

You caught that, but nothing about the 3 question marks??? Your slipping man.

Originally posted by Just Another F-body:

fixed, unless you can prove to me water can burn

Well you'd have to talk to Dr. Chemist on that one, but seeing as they have built cars that run on water, and water is made up of hydrogen and oxygen I don't see why it couldn't be combustible. But then again I am no chemist so don't quote me on that.

Guest FBody Addict
i can see how eloctrolosis (sp) can be use to split the hydrogen and oxygen into two seperate gasses before heading into the combustion chamber, but a water injection system is a totally seperate thing, unless there is some way the molocules are split in the chamber

Like I said, not a chemist so I will just stand by the fact that it cools the incoming air charge. And the water is sprayed in such a fine mist that is pretty much evaporated before it hits the combustion chamber. I run alcohol and water/meth is a little different.