4wd 89 f-150 with a 95 roller mustang motor "302" 42k miles

jamesn69camaro

4wd 89 f-150 5.0 out of a 95 mustang 42 k miles on it its a roller motor too.33inch tires i belive 3 or 4 inch lift .5 spd tranny new clutch ,starter,all new gaskets on motor b4 i put it in ,tool box 8ft bed , bedliner, . its worth it NOW . i traded+paid$ for it from someone 3 months ago... they know who they are and the motor blew up on the way home. they still owe me 200 but the world is full of liars remember u reap what u sow.i know i will loose money on this truck now but it has a quality drive line in it now make me a resonable offer im asking $1800 body is solid doors need bondo or id recomend new ones and a lil rust repair on the tail gate or a new one its worth fixing up now

ive got 9 or 10 cars for the first question and to 360 iroc's coment that bike was reliable it needed a battery and the selinoid stuck he said the next day big deal. u can ealy push start it and tahts a cheap part anyway comepared to a puting a v8 in a 4wd. the truck i got from him threw 2 rods on the way home from west jefferson i havea truck i had to dump 800+ to even beable to drive it furthermore he claimed the rod bearings were new. there factory ford bearings with a LOT of waer and the motor was the most crusty shit filled motor ive seen. the 2 rods that was thrown wernt torqed right .he offered ME 200 to help then never sent a check so please dont get me started on the subject .

uhm, the starter solenoid didn't just stick asshole, and we talked about this. the starter has missing teeth. it grinds about one out of every four starts. you said it was in great shape minus the battery and tires. you said all i had to do was take off the front fairing and everything was there to mount the headlight and turnsignals. you lied. there was nothing there. i had to buy the headlight ears, headlight housing, headlight, and fucking rewire half of it. the fuse box was bypassed and inline fuses put in its place. it kept blowing fuses until i fixed this. obviously you knew about it, you had a box a fuses under the seat. but you didn't tell me about. you didn't tell me about any of these problems. you didn't tell me the clutch starts to slip over 6k. instead when i asked you about it, you said you never had it over 6k. that's bullshit. you knew about these problems, and failed to mention them. as for the truck, anyone on here who has seen it can tell you it was a mud runner. i told you that when you bought it. 360 iroc helped me pull the motor out and do the work. i had no idea a rod was about to go. i was seriously going to pay you that $200 out of the kindness of my heart, because i felt bad. then i found you fucked me on the bike. like i said in the email:

You know what, shit has been insane the past few months. I had two

funerals to go to for two friends who died in Iraq. Deal with it. As

for the truck, I had no idea anything was about to go. However, you

obviously lied about the bike.

1) I had to replaced the starter and solenoid.

2) The clutch is slipping bad during acceleration above 6k rpms.

3) You said all the brackets were there if I removed the front

fairing. I had to buy the sleeves that go over the forks, headlight

ears, headlight bucket, headlight, and wiring harness.

4) The header is cracked on #3 cylinder.

5) The wiring is a mess. The fuse block as been bypassed and inline

fuses put in.

6) I replaced the battery.

You told me nothing was wrong with the bike other then the battery.

Now, I was going to call you and negotiate a different settlement

since you sold me something that wasn't what was represented. I was

completely honest with the truck in every way. I even told you who the

previous owner was who could vouche for most everything done to that

truck. I beat the hell out of that truck mudding and 4wheeling. I told

you this. When I took you for a drive, I accelerated hard and shifted

hard. I had no idea anything was going to go wrong. I have a few

problems with this. You accuse me of knowing something was wrong which

I had no idea of. Out of the kindness of my heart because I felt bad,

I offered you money back. I run into some hard times with friends

dying and the such, and don't answer my phone. I finally get a chance

to work on the bike and find you lied about it. These aren't things

that you could have possibly not noticed. The starter only worked

about half the time, the other half sticking engaged and whining

horribly. The clutch slips really bad above 6k. So bad I thought I'd

hit a patch of oil and the rear tire was spinng the first time it

happened. I ended up spending over $100 on brackets and the such. As

for you spending $700 - 800 out of pocket, that's your own fault. How

in the world did you spend that much money? You can pick up a good 302

for sub $200 easily. That's the whole motor. It takes about an hour

and a half to pull that motor out of the truck. Do you do any

automotive work at all?

http://www.columbusracing.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=29;t=000618#000000

All the parts listed are new. Nothing was misrepresented. I probably

still have most, if not all of the receipts. Hell, I may even have

boxes.

http://www.columbusracing.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=29;t=000847#000000

You were asking $650. I was asking $1400. I just wanted a bike, and

didn't need the truck. So you gave me what, $100 plus the bike? I'm

still out on the deal $650 not including the parts I've put into the

bike. I really wanted to be a nice guy about this. Honestly, I did.

But you have no idea how pissed off this whole situation has made me.

come on dude, keep talking shit about me.

u have to much time on ur hands its only 200$ if ur to broke to afford to make it right just say it. u riped me off thats it my bike was worth 1000 easy ur truck didnt make it home to my house i wouldnt of paid 200 for a truck that wouldnt make it home i paid 300 for a nicer truck the same year last month also 4wd gess what IT MADE IT HOME! . i was leary about doign the trade i mean why the hell didnt u ride my bike b4 u traded infact u barly looked it over u KNEW u were geting rid of a pos and geting a reliable bike i mean i ride the thing 45mins from my house to west jeff. and it NEVER blew a fuse on me i rode it 3000 -4000 miels wile i had it last summer. if the situations were reversed id bring some $ to the person if i traded them or sold them a car that didnt make it home and blew up 200 aint shit it was the fact u offered it and it was a good will gesture and u never intended to pay it. i would of brought the thign back on a tow truck and traded back if i knew ur were goign to be this way .one clear fact u are not right. no mater how much time u have to weasel ur way out of being a RESPONSIBLE adult .ohh and that crap about i must be stupid for spending 800 for a motor and gaskets ? just cuz i dont halfass things and i put a GOOD low milage 5.0 in it and i put all new gaskets prooves im not stupid buddy .anybody want to tell me how fair ben is ?taking my bike that runs with a good motor and tranny and 100$ from me in trade for a a truck with a bad motor that didnt run 15mins after the trade also needs new doors and a tail gate and a windshield and prolly a tierod end to cuz theres slop in the stearing id take 1200 for it with the new motor and all that work i dont care about the $ . u got a reliable bike and 100 for a pos broke down rust bucket truck there is no argument get over it. u husseled me .

[ 27. June 2005, 03:15 AM: Message edited by: jamesn69camaro ]

Well, you cant really bitch about the body/looks of the truck. You looked at it before you took it right? You could tell that it was rusted right?

As far as the motor goes, shit happens. I REALLY dont think Ben knew it was going to blow on you. He's not the kind of guy that would go and fuck someone like that.

Just my .02

-Marc

Originally posted by MadMalibu:

Well, you cant really bitch about the body/looks of the truck. You looked at it before you took it right? You could tell that it was rusted right?

As far as the motor goes, shit happens. I REALLY dont think Ben knew it was going to blow on you. He's not the kind of guy that would go and fuck someone like that.

Just my .02

-Marc

My .02 is no one gives a shit about your .02. BITCH DICK.

Originally posted by Mr. Wright:

My .02 is no one gives a shit about your .02. BITCH DICK.

My .04 is that you like to hi-jack threads and take any kind of shot you can at me. If I had to guess why, I'd say it's because you have penis envy.

Im sorry you have a small dick. Stop taking it out on me.

-Marc

smile.gif

ben did not have intentions to screw you. i have driven the truck before myself. drove fine. i have to agree with him that you werent up front about the bike. ben and i spent hours rewiring that bike, because of the problems it had. you cant tell me you never put a fuse in it. thats about bull shit. the 200 he said he was going to give you, you just gave back to him because of the shit that had to be done to the bike. look at it that way, since you said you would do that for someone if something was wrong. the deals been made everyone cut there loses. ben got the bike going you got the truck going. sell the truck just watch what you post...

like i said i dont care about loosing $ i do feal riped off and u dont seem to see my point that the bike ran and was reliable for me. theres no way he spent 800$ on the bike to make it rideable .so were not even .if the bikes motor blew up in 15mins of him rinding it THEN i would feal even .the trucks only value is the motor i put in it .if someoene offers me over 1000 id take it. that means the truck was worth 200 to me as a parts truck the day i got it from him anyway ive got better thigns to do then hold grudges .your forgiven Ben .case closed.

Originally posted by jamesn69camaro:

the 2 rods that was thrown wernt torqed right

Not to nitpick. but I am really curious as to how you can tell that the proper torque was not set on the rod bolts on the rods that were thrown? Typically if a bearing spins for ANY reason on a rod it stretches the cap. Now it would seem to me that if you did some real damage, and actually threw a rod through the side of the block or something, which is what it sounds like. There would only be pieces left of the big ends of the rods and not a full end to check torque on.

Could someone please explain this to me so that I havea better understanding of how this happens so if I ever see it I will recognize it.

Originally posted by desperado:

Not to nitpick. but I am really curious as to how you can tell that the proper torque was not set on the rod bolts on the rods that were thrown? Typically if a bearing spins for ANY reason on a rod it stretches the cap. Now it would seem to me that if you did some real damage, and actually threw a rod through the side of the block or something, which is what it sounds like. There would only be pieces left of the big ends of the rods and not a full end to check torque on.

Could someone please explain this to me so that I havea better understanding of how this happens so if I ever see it I will recognize it.

I heart Keith.

Seriously though, in my email I sent him I listed the thread in which my truck was for sale. It listed the parts that were replaced. Everything listed was replaced, and I still have receipts for. Nowhere does it list rod bearings or anything about the caps being removed.

New parts include: headers, exhaust, starter, starter heat wrap, starter solenoid, oil pump, oil pump pickup tube, oil pressure sending unit, clutch disk, pressure plate, throw-out bearing, pilot bearing, and clutch slave cylinder.
All of those parts were replaced. The headers were put on because the exhaust manifolds were too rusted to use. Since I put headers on it, I went ahead and put the full Dynomax exhaust kit on it. The starter went out because of the heat from the headers. So, I replaced it and wrapped the new one in heat wrap. Since I was replacing the starter anyways, I went ahead and replaced the starter solenoid as well. The oil pump went out, so I replaced it and the pump shaft since they stretch over time. While I had the motor out, I checked the clutch. It was about gone. So I went ahead and replaced it, the pressure plate and throwout bearing. While I had the clutch off, I could see fluid leaking from the slave cylinder. It was crack almost 180 degrees around. So I replaced it. Everything I had listed, I replaced. There were no lies. There were no misrepresentations. Sure, the bike runs reliably. However, you said the only problems it had were the battery and tires needing replaced. As I have said, it needed alot more then that. You say I didn't spend $800. You're right, and the bike isn't worth near that. You think the bike was worth $1000? You're fucking nuts. It MIGHT be worth that after everything's replaced. You feel you got screwed? Well, I think I got fucked in the ass without a reach around or vasoline. But I figured what's done is done.

Now James, you have some serious issues. For one, all you ever do is sell things on here. You don't participate in any way. We've already had complaints about this. Second, you just slandered a moderator. That's just fucking retarded. Not only did I not lie, but I have proof I didn't lie. I should seriously take your ass to court for slander. I expect a public apology here on Columbus Racing, or further actions will be taken. Oh, and please use Microsoft Word to type your apology, and use spell check. I'd like to be able to read it.

Now James, you have some serious issues. For one, all you ever do is sell things on here. You don't participate in any way. We've already had complaints about this. Second, you just slandered a moderator. That's just fucking retarded. Not only did I not lie, but I have proof I didn't lie. I should seriously take your ass to court for slander. I expect a public apology here on Columbus Racing, or further actions will be taken. Oh, and please use Microsoft Word to type your apology, and use spell check. I'd like to be able to read it.
in print its "libel", smart guy.

and, its nothing you havent done to him in this thread. will you be apologizing as well? you happen to be a moderator. whoopdy fucking doo. all that makes you is anthony's bitch, same as the rest of us. you arent "entitled" to shit.

and now i have "slandered" you as well. please, ask me to apologize.

did you get fucked? probably. is that messed up? sho nuff. can you take him to court for it? dont make me laugh.

Originally posted by Orion:

in print its "libel", smart guy.

and, its nothing you havent done to him in this thread. will you be apologizing as well? you happen to be a moderator. whoopdy fucking doo. all that makes you is anthony's bitch, same as the rest of us. you arent "entitled" to shit.

and now i have "slandered" you as well. please, ask me to apologize.

did you get fucked? probably. is that messed up? sho nuff. can you take him to court for it? dont make me laugh.

That was about the most worthless post ever. You correct my grammer, then forget what apostrophes are for and say stuff like "sho nuff". Nice. That's one way to prove a point...

Did I get fucked? Yes.

Can I take him to court over it? Yes.

Would it be worth my time? No.

Did I slander him? No.

Do I want you to apologize? No.

Do I want you to come lick my balls? Yes.

;) You'll always have a special place in my heart darkness.