Negitive comments about ...............

desperado

What the hell is with all the negitive comments about different things that obviously the person makeing the comment knows little about or the comment is just logically wrong.

The nitrous thing was the first, now there are comments about a video of a 10 second truck with a Megasquirt on it saying that no one can make power with a megasquirt. Firstoff, it's a 10 second full size truck. The comment that you can't make power with a megasquirt don't hold up, it's obviously makeing something to get it into the 10's.

So then what's wrong with a megasquirt? Is it the building it yourself scare you? The fact that there is no baseline to tune from and EVERYTHING starts from scratch pretty much?

All the damn thing does is look at the inputs from the sensors and fire a set of injectors based on the parameters that are programmed into the Megasquirt. It's no different than any other FMU other than it doesn't cost what the others do.

Desperado - You just matched my sentiments of the last few weeks. I laugh everytime I read people post on the Mazda Forum how awesome someones car is if they have the AEM Standalone. People will switch from Haltechs, SMT6's, etc, because they believe that the AEM automatically gives them more power. "OMG!! It's teh ROX!!!1!" (and yes, the AEM may have additional features, I'm strictly talking about people using it for fuel/timing)

Megasquirt is just another tool used to tune, and how the engine runs is the result of how good/bad the enduser is. Not how pretty the software looks. My buddy just built a Megasquirt for his turbo Integra so I'll be watching to see how it runs.

Originally posted by Mallard:

oh, whoops. Forgot about that. You're right, he's putting it on his GN.

Ya he said its for the GN, but he might try it on his car. Sounds pretty sweet, since what we we use for the SAE Formula 1 car is Motec, and that shit is crazy expensive. :eek:

Mind you this isn't just about a Megasquirt or Nitrous or anything specific. It's like the board has turned into a bitchfest. I don't know if someone has been showingup to meets with a dumptruck full of sand for CR members snatches or what, but it's just getting fucking old. Hell, the 3 page thread that was started about Tinmans car by his buddy, and then his buddy gets ripped apart for making the post. Not one of these fucks on here isn't curious to see how a SB2 powered RX7 is gonna run. I know there are a few that are looking to figure out how to beat it, but we all want to see it. So the guy expresses his personal delight in it nearing completion and he gets cut down for doing so.

This whole board has turned into a fucking group or keyboard warrior bitch-a-lots each trying to out do the other, and its getting to the point that it's starting to carry over into the real world. And thats a problem, and yeah I am one that it's finally gotten personal with. Specifically, someone that has made numerous asshole comments to me in the past, PM's me asking about do I know anyone that is selling a motor. You know who you are, and me ignoring you was the most polite way I could think of to say fuck you I wouldn't tell you if I had a dozen setting in the garage right now.

You all treat each other like shit, sit and laugh at what you have done then expect it to just not matter, after all it's only the internet right.

And I am as guilty as any of you. My bullshit cost me a friendship over nothing, and yall better realize that shit in here is taken personal at times. And that shit goes WAY to far.

I'll get the hell of my saltbox now, knowing that some will never bother to read this because its long and I posted it, and oddly enough its those folks that need to pay the closest attention to it.

Originally posted by desperado:

What the hell is with all the negitive comments about different things that obviously the person makeing the comment knows little about or the comment is just logically wrong.

The nitrous thing was the first, now there are comments about a video of a 10 second truck with a Megasquirt on it saying that no one can make power with a megasquirt. Firstoff, it's a 10 second full size truck. The comment that you can't make power with a megasquirt don't hold up, it's obviously makeing something to get it into the 10's.

So then what's wrong with a megasquirt? Is it the building it yourself scare you? The fact that there is no baseline to tune from and EVERYTHING starts from scratch pretty much?

All the damn thing does is look at the inputs from the sensors and fire a set of injectors based on the parameters that are programmed into the Megasquirt. It's no different than any other FMU other than it doesn't cost what the others do.

Quit whining you fucking vagina. No one cares. graemlins/cry.gif

Guest mudbutt

You missed my obvious sarcasm, followed by tank(who I believe is running MS) sarcasm. THe board has always had a certin mentality. Either you like it or you dont, but when it really comes down to it, people usually help each other out. If you think these "sandy vaginas" dont help filter the board, join streetracing dayton and look at how lovie dovie adds to an overflow of ricers. Dayton does have more than a few fast cars, but most have gone to other boards because of the infestation of highschool kids wanting to pimp out their 88 cavalier.

You, yourself set yourself up in a way for the comments you recieve from others, you have made an ass of yourself in the past and been VERY public about it, this post being a minute example of this. That being said, I chose to usually look past that and take the positive from you as another good sorurce of info and sometimes interesting opinion. I dont take the internet personally unless it is brought down to a direct threat. I think when you start to let it get under your skin is when you need to walk away from the computer and grab a beer, juice, water and watch some tv, listen to the radio,hug someone, or go for a drive.

Attempts have been made to modify the CR mentality but the majority of older members, myself included, prefer the way it has been. If I wanted a giant e-hug Id get on the WE or Lifetime network message boards.

Joel

[ 13. July 2005, 01:19 AM: Message edited by: Mud Butt ]

Originally posted by 1 DIRTY 7:

I have yet to hear about this megasquirt. Is it similiar to uber-data anyone?

Ty

Megasquirt is a full blown engine management system, for almost any motor out there. Its writtin in high level so it is easily scalable to pretty much..well..anything.

Not just a rom/tuning gui, it is everything. Cool little thing.

Megasquirt II is a add on but packs a punch of new features(fuel and spark control, as well as IAC, awesome fueling) http://www.msefi.com/msinfo/ms2/

Megasquirt

http://www.megasquirt.info/

Originally posted by Mud Butt:

If you think these "sandy vaginas" dont help filter the board, join streetracing dayton and look at how lovie dovie adds to an overflow of ricers. Dayton does have more than a few fast cars, but most have gone to other boards because of the infestation of highschool kids wanting to pimp out their 88 cavalier.

I honestly don't expect CR members to sit holding hands singing coombyahh (sp) It just seems the attacks are getting more viscous lately. And more frequent. Maybe there is a rash of dumbass noob's that I am not paying attention to causing it.

If I wanted a giant e-hug Id get on the WE or Lifetime network message boards.

graemlins/thatfunny.gifgraemlins/thatfunny.gif

Good point.

Originally posted by desperado:

Mind you this isn't just about a Megasquirt or Nitrous or anything specific. It's like the board has turned into a bitchfest. I don't know if someone has been showingup to meets with a dumptruck full of sand for CR members snatches or what, but it's just getting fucking old. Hell, the 3 page thread that was started about Tinmans car by his buddy, and then his buddy gets ripped apart for making the post. Not one of these fucks on here isn't curious to see how a SB2 powered RX7 is gonna run. I know there are a few that are looking to figure out how to beat it, but we all want to see it. So the guy expresses his personal delight in it nearing completion and he gets cut down for doing so.

This whole board has turned into a fucking group or keyboard warrior bitch-a-lots each trying to out do the other, and its getting to the point that it's starting to carry over into the real world. And thats a problem, and yeah I am one that it's finally gotten personal with. Specifically, someone that has made numerous asshole comments to me in the past, PM's me asking about do I know anyone that is selling a motor. You know who you are, and me ignoring you was the most polite way I could think of to say fuck you I wouldn't tell you if I had a dozen setting in the garage right now.

You all treat each other like shit, sit and laugh at what you have done then expect it to just not matter, after all it's only the internet right.

And I am as guilty as any of you. My bullshit cost me a friendship over nothing, and yall better realize that shit in here is taken personal at times. And that shit goes WAY to far.

I'll get the hell of my saltbox now, knowing that some will never bother to read this because its long and I posted it, and oddly enough its those folks that need to pay the closest attention to it.

Maybe it's too much of simple solution, but you could discontinue reading posts on this board. I usually avoid things that have a negative effect on me. :confused:

Originally posted by BIG SHAFE:

Maybe it's too much of simple solution, but you could discontinue reading posts on this board. I usually avoid things that have a negative effect on me. :confused:

disregard this post keith, we don't need another knowledgable car person to leave the board

Adam, NP, I ain't going anywhere. After getting over trying to be an ass all the time, I guess I am finding out how irritating it is.

Anyway, once I get the house thing worked out maybe we need to move your Camaro up to my place and start working on it. I believe I know where we can get the front frame rails for sure and possibly a whole front clip. I do also have that hood still. I ain't gonna do nothing with it and I have hit the point that the Camaro I have is to modified to restore for reasonable money. If you want this hood, maybe we can work something out.

keith talking about 2nd gens gets me aroused

wanna cyber

seriously though i might have the 79 fixed this winter don't know about running but at least it will be back together, and i have heard about this amazing place of yours you might be getting if so i might be interested in renting

The place I was looking at that you speak of is no longer an option. It was going to cost in excess of $10000 to concrete the garage floor, not to mention the additional wiring and other needs that the shop would have posed. I have found another, even better place though. Although the shop isn't quite as big, it's alot better suited for my needs and is quite a bit more turn key with floor and wiring needs.

If things fall apart with the one I am after, I might consider the other one, but they are going to need to come down on price a good bit.

I will still have room if you need to rent a bay though. I am also considering scrapping the metal nose on the camaro and going with fiberglass. If that happens I will let you know so you can get the tins off me for a reasonable sum of money. The hood (80 Z28 cowl hood) I have and it is taking up space/ going to be something I need to move but don't want to. If you are interested talk to me. We'll figure something out.

[ 15. July 2005, 08:48 AM: Message edited by: desperado ]