Ignorant comments running rampant

Veritas

Guest stvbreal
Who's racist? I'm just saying that people like the guy in the video have no place on this earth. Hell, I'm a minority. I'm Italian. :D Obviously there are many racist people on here then when it comes to Ricers. And the word Ricer. Isn't that a derogatory term for a Japanese car? Then that constitutes as racism.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by mesteno:

Wait, doesn't this mean Chris Green sould get banned for making Jew comments about himself?

I don't think banned, because black people can call themselves the N word, etc. So it would be OK. But...

On this board I think we should just end it all. We don't know who is white, black, Italian, Asian, Christian, Jew, etc. Yeah, there is a group of us that knows each other and can joke around. But this board has over 4000 members, and if they see us joking around calling each other jew, redneck, and whatever else, they are going to think it's all fair game, anything goes. And remember, things get heated here in the Kitchen.

Not trying to ruin any kind of fun, but I think even the self-targeted racial/ethnic remarks will give the wrong impression, and definitely those amongst friends. But I don't think people should be banned for using it in humor, just friendly warnings. In the senior section, we can joke around. But the rest of the board, probably not.

What do you guys think?

What's the difference in posting: you’re a faggot, or you’re gay as opposed to the "n" word? That is done here all day long! You all know when you actually walk up to a gay person and call them a faggot you will get the same reaction as if you called an African American the "n" word. Most of you assholes would never even do that in public to someone's face, because most Americans are punk ass bitches and can post big shit on a message board all day long, but in public no way. I think anybody here who is bitching about the "n" word is a hypocrite because you have seen "Gay" and "faggot" posted all day long and all year, and NO ONE complained once about it. It is a derogatory term same as the "n" word.

Why does no one complain? Most likely because there are none on here or they don't want to be outed. But there are African Americans on here, but you are only concerned about yourself not the remarks. This post proves that. I like all people, but to sit and read all that shit, then get mad when it pertains to you....shame on you. I would re-evaluate who I thought was a racist if I were you. I could care less what derogatory shit is posted, I can be an adult and ignore it. It only shows how the person that posted it is an ignorant fuck, it does not reflect you the reader.

Be fair! If you are going to ban people for the "n" word then you have to ban for the others also. Get out the automatic ban hammer, because this place is about to lose over half of its members!

Just my $.02

BTW for all you assholes who are going to post the 3rd grade remark to me of "faggot" I am happily married to my wife Jennifer.

Originally posted by SpaceGhost:

What's the difference in posting: you’re a faggot, or you’re gay as opposed to the "n" word? That is done here all day long! You all know when you actually walk up to a gay person and call them a faggot you will get the same reaction as if you called an African American the "n" word. Most of you assholes would never even do that in public to someone's face, because most Americans are punk ass bitches and can post big shit on a message board all day long, but in public no way. I think anybody here who is bitching about the "n" word is a hypocrite because you have seen "Gay" and "faggot" posted all day long and all year, and NO ONE complained once about it. It is a derogatory term same as the "n" word.

Why does no one complain? Most likely because there are none on here or they don't want to be outed. But there are African Americans on here, but you are only concerned about yourself not the remarks. This post proves that. I like all people, but to sit and read all that shit, then get mad when it pertains to you....shame on you. I would re-evaluate who I thought was a racist if I were you. I could care less what derogatory shit is posted, I can be an adult and ignore it. It only shows how the person that posted it is an ignorant fuck, it does not reflect you the reader.

Be fair! If you are going to ban people for the "n" word then you have to ban for the others also. Get out the automatic ban hammer, because this place is about to lose over half of its members!

Just my $.02

BTW for all you assholes who are going to post the 3rd grade remark to me of "faggot" I am happily married to my wife Jennifer.

you are exactly right, that is the whole reason i have a problem with this type of stuff, people only have a problem with anykind of degrading term when it comes to them, the only person on here that has said something about how he doesn't like derogatory words and i have never seen once use a some kind of negative comment is scott (the pikey), so i guess then he is the only one allowed to complain when people say it, the rest of you have done it in some way, or you haven't been on the board enough or came out enough for anyone to know you

Originally posted by SpaceGhost:

What's the difference in posting: you’re a faggot, or you’re gay as opposed to the "n" word?

Gay people aren't yet recognized as a group and protected under law. It's still legal to discriminate against anyone for sexual orientation. Just FYI. Our state legislature has also passed laws in the very recent past eliminating benefits to live in partnerships, regardless of sexual orientation. If you have a problem with this, as you should if you pay taxes (because elimination of benefits may prompt "two family" households to fall back on federal funds), contact your state official .

Originally posted by EvilEvo:

Hell, I'm a minority. I'm Italian. Obviously there are many racist people on here then when it comes to Ricers. And the word Ricer. Isn't that a derogatory term for a Japanese car? Then that constitutes as racism.

I'll post this, because you apparently need it...

Originally posted by Mensan:

Gay people aren't yet recognized as a group and protected under law. It's still legal to discriminate against anyone for sexual orientation. Just FYI. Our state legislature has also passed laws in the very recent past eliminating benefits to live in partnerships, regardless of sexual orientation. If you have a problem with this, as you should if you pay taxes (because elimination of benefits may prompt "two family" households to fall back on federal funds), contact your state official .

thanks for the link, no married = no benefits, sounds fair. i'll make sure to thank my rep graemlins/thumb.gif

thanks for the link, no married = no benefits, sounds fair. i'll make sure to thank my rep graemlins/thumb.gif

actually that is the only reason gays are pushing for marriage right now

and no joel i don't have any money go back under your bridge

Even for male/female domestic partnerships? Please explain how the elimination of these benefits affects you, or anyone you actually know. Please tell me how you or anyone else in the state of Ohio is better off since the elimination of these benefits. We'll weigh the pros and cons, and see if the decision was the correct one, using your examples. Also, did you realize that even Supreme Courts in southern states such as Georgia have ruled legislature such as this one unconstitutional, even as early as 1997? Do you support unconstitutional laws and ideology, Joel?

There is a particular mindset that accompanies the ideals supporting legislature like this one. The types of people are typically closed minded, and are usually unable or not willing to do a whole lot of thinking for themselves. I feel sorry for the people that don't understand the benefit that would go along with humanistic approach to things like this.

seriously some of you are just being retarded, what about "gay" blah blah blah.

you are arguingjust to argue. stop making a big deal out of it just follow the rules and shut up.

must be nice to have time.

I could care less if someone uses the n word or says faggot. Up here in lima those terms fly around more then airplanes and sure I'm guilty of saying them once in a while. But never in a hurtful way and I would never say it around some I didn't know or someone I knew would take it the wrong way (which includes the board). Call me a racist whatever. If black people want other people to stop saying it then they need to stop saying it. Don't be hypocrites (not saying everyone is).

I've been watching the real world and it pisses me off that karamo uses the race card when everything doesn't go his way while the two white guys are just trying to be his friend and have no ill intentions.

[ 20. October 2004, 12:05 PM: Message edited by: Doug ]

Originally posted by Mensan:

Even for male/female domestic partnerships? Please explain how the elimination of these benefits affects you, or anyone you actually know. Please tell me how you or anyone else in the state of Ohio is better off since the elimination of these benefits. We'll weigh the pros and cons, and see if the decision was the correct one, using your examples. Also, did you realize that even Supreme Courts in southern states such as Georgia have ruled legislature such as this one unconstitutional, even as early as 1997? Do you support unconstitutional laws and ideology, Joel?

There is a particular mindset that accompanies the ideals supporting legislature like this one. The types of people are typically closed minded, and are usually unable or not willing to do a whole lot of thinking for themselves. I feel sorry for the people that don't understand the benefit that would go along with humanistic approach to things like this.

"Even for male/female domestic partnerships?"

Yes. So i'm closed minded and can't think for myself because i don't agree with you? just like every person who is against affirmitive action has to be a racist.

History proves that the moral decay of a society will eventually lead to it's downfall.

BTW, I think saying somone can't think for them self is a personal attack, would you like me to return the favor?