new dog aggression stats, just to piss everyone off.

Dweezel

I don't even have a dog currently, but I'll throw fuel on the fire.

To me, the concern isn't really aggression, so much as it is fatalities caused by breed. Since the CDC apparently quit tracking deaths caused by breed in 1998, this was the last study they published.

http://www.cdc.gov/ncipc/duip/dogbreeds.pdf

So, sorry, but all you pitbull owners, but the results show that pure and cross-bred pits are more likely to kill when they do attack.

All the other info I've seen is all off pro- pitbull sites, which have their obvious slant. We have to trust the unbiased gov't statistics on this one.

having small dogs, ill admit that they bark and want to go after people, but mine do not bite..just each other. i dont think its due to the dog bein mean i think its more territory and they protect their owners.

i also have a large dog, and yes she is calm

All the other info I've seen is all off pro- pitbull sites, which have their obviously slant. We have to trust the unbiased gov't statistics on this one.

Trust the Gov't??? Are you crazy??? They are all in the pocket of the cat food manufacturers.. They want to get rid of all dogs, so the only pets left are cats!

file.php?n=261&w=o

That really ticks me off :o

Actually well not really, I don't care. I gotta lab, he's 13 or 14 now.

Dog's are what their owner make them! A good owner will have a good dog. A bad owner will have an agressive territorial dog that bites.

Caesar Millan FTW.

That really ticks me off :o

Actually well not really, I don't care. I gotta lab, he's 13 or 14 now.

Dog's are what their owner make them! A good owner will have a good dog. A bad owner will have an agressive territorial dog that bites.

Caesar Millan FTW.

I do have to agree, but the statistics are purely driven by the catfood industry.:monkeypoo:

To me, the concern isn't really aggression, so much as it is fatalities caused by breed. Since the CDC apparently quit tracking deaths caused by breed in 1998, this was the last study they published.

http://www.cdc.gov/ncipc/duip/dogbreeds.pdf

So, sorry, but all you pitbull owners, but the results show that pure and cross-bred pits are more likely to kill when they do attack.

All the other info I've seen is all off pro- pitbull sites, which have their obviously slant. We have to trust the unbiased gov't statistics on this one.

well duh! they are bread for it and they all should be killed :p;) (now let the fun begin)

So, how many times did you shoot the pit? My kid had her face ripped open by a cocker spaniel. Those are some mean ass dogs.

we had a cocker spaniel for like 10 years. had her put down like 2 years ago. she was way too old and feeble.

anyway, she was pretty much THE nicest dog you could ever ask for. she was not aggressive at all... she would bark when you came to the door, but by the time you sat on the couch she would be right up there with you licking you and trying to cuddle.

i got bit on my face by a beagle when i was like 4 or so...

Like I've said before, I muzzle more small dogs that large ones at work. I think a lot of the time ppl don't train their small dogs well because they are afraid to discipline them. Then they end up with a holy terror of a dog!