SOLD!!!1989 Toyota Supra Turbo, 5spd, Targa *PRICE DROP*

KazeSupra

Originally posted by 00Smurf:

u got a good deal then. of course its not a metal headgasket. did u get a discount on all that

yeah didn't have time to do the machining for a MHG. Karl had a set of new head bolts laying around that he sold to me for 30 bucks.

A regular HG torqued to proper specs is fine for BPU.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 00Smurf
Originally posted by KazeSupra:

I found a Felpro headgasket for 66.95 I think at autozone, but it's online order only. I guess if that's the problem, then that's what I'll have to do.

u'll have to get new bolts as well.

Guest TurboBen
Just make sure you do this right and have the head machined and also deck the block. Otherwise you're going to end up blowing the HG again soon. I had my head resurfaced at ColumbusColWeld for about $55, and then decked the block myself.

New lower price! 1100 obo. I do not have a garage to work in and I don't have the patience to work in single digit weather to get the car running. Please take it away. Looking at all reasonable offers. Thanks.

Guest 00Smurf
your not going to sell it for that price. Its condition doesnt warrant that price. I got mine for $1250 non running. And it was in excellent body shape, as well as interior. The only mechanical problem was the turbo outlet pipe not hooked up. Your gonna have to lower the price to sell it or hpe that someone who doesnt know about supras buys it.

Like I said, obo, if someone makes me a reasonable offer, then they can have it...unfortunately, I paid 1400 for it in the project phase, so I was stupid...I've put in about 2500 total including that into the car. I've got offers, I just haven't heard from them in a while. So we'll see.