CLEETUS! 1986 Chevy C-10 Pickup (feeler)

zeitgeist57

I just installed a new distributor in hopes of getting the engine to catch, but to no avail. I've about had it with this monster, and I don't have the patience to deal with getting this truck (if I can sell it smile.gif )

1986 Chevy C-10 (2WD) fullsize pickup. 8ft bed.

>>>4.3L Vortec V6 (4bbl Q-Jet carb.)

>>>3spd manual tranny with 2.73 rearend (great gas mileage and highway cruiser)

>>>No rear bumper, but Class 5 hitch included

Old Ohio Highway Dept. truck (bright yellow with serial numbers on the fenders and sprayed-over stickers on the doors) This thing is redneck-pimp and that's why I bought it smile.gif

GOOD: either 66k or 166k on the truck, and the engine and tranny work very well. It was taken good care of internally. Hardly any rust through.

>>>NEW 31x10.5" Goodyear Tires and 15x8" chrome American Racing wheels

>>>Custom tube grille and black-out headlight surrounds.

>>>New valve seals, gaskets on upper half of engine. Carb rebuilt. New PS pump, wiper motor, newer floor shifter, seat cover, belts, fluids in tranny, engine.

BAD: Recent electrical gremlin not letting the engine catch (turns over and over, but no spark :mad: ) Driver's door heavily dented (works though), and similar dent on bed behind cab. Some rust on cab floor, and surface rust on frame. Needs new inner fender wells in front ($80, that's it)

Good, solid truck that just needs a little attention to get running reliably again. I am just about out of patience. Looking to get $750 firm, as I can donate it for a $1200 tax writeoff otherwise. Any takers?

EDIT: Also looking to possibly trade for stick-shift pickup truck or 4x4 truck that RUNS!!!

If so...it's been the best 266k any vehicle has ever traveled smile.gif

I may be keeping it...my newest possible fix would be a new computer. $87 bux brand new from Advance Auto smile.gif I'll let people know unless someone comes up with a trade or cash!