Do the smart folks think splitting SEMI's is DUMB? (Video)

NinjaNick

Do you ride recklessly in traffic?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Do you ride recklessly in traffic?

• Always
    • Sometimes
    • Rarely
    • Never

yes I have. Would I do it again, maybe.

I've dislocated both my shoulders, have put a hole in the back of my skull(never ride without a helmet :slap:) Lost skin to gravel(note to self, get better gear), etc, etc, etc....

I know my limits, and respect them. I don't trust other drivers to not try and hit me.

I will NEVER tape me or anyone else breaking the law...why give the cops evidence?

My biggest fear is the posting of this type of stuff will make some newb think they can pull this shit off, and end up taking out a busload of nuns, or making a trucker swerve(mass has right-of-way) causing a pile-up.

If you want to risk your own life, have at it. If my life is risked, and I get my hands on the person risking it, then I'll just have to dig another hole in the back of my property to hide another body.:rant:

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have,

But I tend to do that on my own turf...Or at least when there aren't people around...

I'm not into risking other people's lives (as redbarron stated)

If i want to try something stupid, (occasionally i'll get the urge to do something stupid) I'll either wait for the urge to pass, or find a "safer" place to do it...

Based on the thread NinjaNick posted about the assfault junkies riding abilities (or lack of) I just wanted to put this out there to see what kind of riders we have. Maybe fuel the fire a bit...

You define careless, wreckless, and without thought.

I have.

I must have missed the thread you're talking about. Post the link.

i have rode carelessly/ wrecklessly but never with out thought and always where im comfortable with my surrounding and not to many people are around my life is one thing but to jepordize the life of others its just not fair.

Kind of a broad question. I have, but on the interstate through traffic...no way. I speed, but weaving in and out of traffic is just not a good idea. I try to ride to work as much as I can and even on 675 it's no where near safe to ride carelessly during work drive times.

i have rode carelessly/ wrecklessly but never with out thought and always where im comfortable with my surrounding and not to many people are around my life is one thing but to jepordize the life of others its just not fair.

This is the part I think a lot of these types of riders miss. They never think of the others they may be putting at risk only the risk to themselves.

Wow. What fucking idiots.

That video is why sportbikes get a bad reputation. There's a time and a place for riding like that...... unfortunately, it was nowhere to be found in that video.

i am 28 years old. I know what cagers can do. I have had allot of close calls also going with the flow of trafic. I have put over 100000 miles on diff bikes and have seen more wrecks and carnage than I really want to. Filtering at 100mph ist that crazy. After work i will post a filtering video that is nuts.

You run assphaltjunkies, right? And you're supporting this crap?

My riding depends on my surroundings. On a crowded freeway, I'm a ghost. I just ride with the flow of traffic. On an empty road in the country (hopefully twistie) I'll step it up. Time and place, folks. There's a time and place for everything.

You are obviously a child. You can keep on judging and instigating, it's not gonna bother me, but just make you sound like a jerk. Like I said, I was not in the video...

I never said you were one of the ones in video. I responded to you in a forum, you know one of those place where people exchange thoughts on topics.

I said, "If you're in anyway justifying or supporting the way they are riding..." and your responses to me so far have basically been no more than name calling. I'm not the one acting like a child here.

Kind of a broad question.

Kind of meant to be.

My point of this is that we've all done it once. It's a rush, a thrill. I was riding I-17 in AZ once and went to pass a car before we got up to a semi and the car sped up so I couldn't get around...I went for it anyway. Ended up in cutting in front of the car I had to lean the bike hard and brushed my shoulder against the corner of the semi...Could have been ugly.

I will probably do it again. I do it alone. Never when I'm riding with other people on bikes. I look ahead and plan for the unplanned. I've put my life and others at risk.

A few have ridden with me on here and they will attest that I ride safe. But we all have our weaknesses. I'm not defending those guys, I just think it's a bit two-faced to be judgemental toward them when we've all done it.

My riding depends on my surroundings. On a crowded freeway, I'm a ghost. I just ride with the flow of traffic. On an empty road in the country (hopefully twistie) I'll step it up. Time and place, folks. There's a time and place for everything.

:plus1: I don't think anyone who rides can say they've never ridden recklessly, but to the extent of the riders on the video... no.

Kind of meant to be.

My point of this is that we've all done it once. It's a rush, a thrill. I was riding I-17 in AZ once and went to pass a car before we got up to a semi and the car sped up so I couldn't get around...I went for it anyway. Ended up in cutting in front of the car I had to lean the bike hard and brushed my shoulder against the corner of the semi...Could have been ugly.

I will probably do it again. I do it alone. Never when I'm riding with other people on bikes. I look ahead and plan for the unplanned. I've put my life and others at risk.

A few have ridden with me on here and they will attest that I ride safe. But we all have our weaknesses. I'm not defending those guys, I just think it's a bit two-faced to be judgemental toward them when we've all done it.

When anybody on here rides with me, I'm putting my life in their hands. If they ride like jackasses, I'm out. I don't want to be associated with dillweeds. I'm not risking my life riding with people who want to act like idiots. Now, if you want to do a high speed run at 3a with no traffic, let me know. But weaving in and out of traffic, splitting between cars/semis, wheelies in traffic, etc........ count me out.

Here's my post from the other thread:

For those of you who ride like that, think about this for a second:

www.ride2die.com <--- do you want your friends and family seeing pics of you on there?

Srsly!! Is this debate is really going on?? People are justifying why those guys did it? I watched the whole thing and all i can say it I saw about 20 time the camera man should have been taken out. Good thing some one was watching over them. Then to post it on Youtube titled "Headed to Hooters". Real cool guys! Should be titled "Do we live or Die?"

Again srsly?

srsly3iy.jpg

Wow. What fucking idiots.

That video is why sportbikes get a bad reputation. There's a time and a place for riding like that...... unfortunately, it was nowhere to be found in that video.

+1 Well said. I don't like putting my life in the hands of some cagers on the freeway...it's worth more than that. I ride like a pussy on the freeway...it gets me around town safely and without tickets.

I think everybody participating in this thread has a bike, and should know the dangers of riding. Before people start throwing stones I have seen some "safe" riders barely doing the speed limit on the highway and getting passed all over the place and almost hit

I think everybody participating in this thread has a bike, and should know the dangers of riding. Before people start throwing stones I have seen some "safe" riders barely doing the speed limit on the highway and getting passed all over the place and almost hit

I wouldn't say that's being "safe". That's why I go with the flow of traffic. Kinda like that asshole cager going 55. That's not safe. Low speed does not mean safe by any means. Hell, one of the reasons I feel so safe on a bike is because of the acceleration it has to get the fuck out of the way quickly.

I've ridden with some people who have done some stupid stuff...and done some of it myself...

I know it was stupid, and I knew it was stupid when we did it, but it was also an adrenaline rush...

I have a friend who passed a semi on the wrong side at 150, trailing his fingers down the side of the trailer...

was it a good idea? NO.

would I reccomend anyone else try it? NO.

am I going to judge him for it? NO. it's his life, and his choice...

He was lucky though, later on that SAME RIDE, he took a corner too fast, lost the back end, hit a ditch, flew into the air, and landed on the highway flat on his back...only sustained injury was a broken leg... his gear was rashed, and his helmet had a big chunk missing out of the back, but he was lucky...

I just realized this post has no point...

so my point...

his life, his choice, his risks, i'm not going to feel sorry for him if one of his stunts puts him in the hospital or in the morgue, he knew the risks going into it...

I've ridden with some people who have done some stupid stuff...and done some of it myself...

I know it was stupid, and I knew it was stupid when we did it, but it was also an adrenaline rush...

I have a friend who passed a semi on the wrong side at 150, trailing his fingers down the side of the trailer...

was it a good idea? NO.

would I reccomend anyone else try it? NO.

am I going to judge him for it? NO. it's his life, and his choice...

He was lucky though, later on that SAME RIDE, he took a corner too fast, lost the back end, hit a ditch, flew into the air, and landed on the highway flat on his back...only sustained injury was a broken leg... his gear was rashed, and his helmet had a big chunk missing out of the back, but he was lucky...

I just realized this post has no point...

so my point...

his life, his choice, his risks, i'm not going to feel sorry for him if one of his stunts puts him in the hospital or in the morgue, he knew the risks going into it...

If he was only truly risking his own life, then go for it. Darwin might catch up with him, but that's about it. Its when you willing risk anybody else's life......