Detail Product Review

88lx5oh

well i found a new product, so i figured id share it wiht you, as well as some old products i have yet to try that i did today.

http://images5.theimagehosting.com/S4300027.1.JPG

ok first off we have the meguires scratch x i have never used this product before today, but have heard things about it. i would have to say for myself its not worth the money. i think its somehwere around $7 for this tube of crap. it is kind of like a wax cleaner more than it is a scratch/ swirl remover. i eman my car isnt really that bad in the swirl mark dept/ nor scratches, but i wanted to improve the paints overall look, and this did nothing for me. so id say save your money and dont waste it on this product.

ok number 2... mothers FX engineered SynWax, wow what a great product. today was the first time i have ever even heard of it. brand new. stuff is gold. goes on soo easy, and buffs off smooth. leaves an incredible finish. its what you would expect out of a synthetic polymer. water will bead up like you never imagined wiht this stuff on the car. a little pricey at $14, but for ease of application/ removal, and this stuff is definately durable. its well worth it.

and 3rd... this is my first time using the microfiber towels, and ill never use anything else again. picked them up at autozone for $4 for a pack of 3 and also snagged some microfiber applicator pads 2 for $1.99 these leave no residue, no lint, no nothing. and you can wash and reuse as many times as possible, you can only wash them by themselves or wiht other microfiber towels. they are great on the interior and glass as well. ill definately be throwing one in the glove box to wipe the dash down with.

so that is my product review for the day, here are some pics of the wax job.

http://images5.theimagehosting.com/S4300010.1.JPG

http://images5.theimagehosting.com/S4300012.2.JPG

Good info. I have so many half full bottles of different types of wax cause I'm always looking for the best kind. I might pick up the SynWax sometime. I have one microfiber towel that came with some wax I bought. They are definitely much better than cotton towels, I just don't like that they're smaller. But I guess you don't really need a large towel for most cars.

But wax doesn't really matter, it's all in the prep.

Couldn't have said it better myself...

Glad to see more people finding out the benefits of Microfiber...now if you really want to be blown away...get some "good" microfiber towels. You think you're amazed with those you got at Autozone...go order some ultra's and ultra-plush towels from http://www.pakshak.com , the most amazing stuff i've used to date. If you're serious about ordering from pakshak call Ranny (the owner) and tell him your an Autopian member and he'll cut you a good price break.

Andy

Pinnacle Souveran > Zaino

But wax doesn't really matter, it's all in the prep.

Agreed, but I use Zaino, there must be a reason Andy uses it for his mobile detail business. ;)

Andy have you tried the Z-PC? I have a bottle and tried it and wow it works pretty good. I also used the Z-8 which made the paint so slick I think I may have gained 1hp! :cool::rolleyes::D

Guest mithesaint
I'll second the scratch X stuff. I totally wasted my money on that. I had a decent scratch I was hoping it would take out/hide. Not even close. Anyone want a tube of that crap for free? Come get it!

Ben. Havn't used the Z-PC yet as I'm pretty hooked on Poorboys Polishes. I really like them because they're user friendly, and can be used in the sun if I get caught in a compromising situation where no shade is availabe,...and I've got 4 differing strengths to be as agressive or gentile as I need to be with the paint while using the buffer.

Mithesaint: Sorry to hear about your experience with ScratchX. For spot fixes at the enthusiest level I feel it's a great product but the one thing you have to realize is that if you see a scratch in the paint and can feel it...it's not going to disappear...the most you can hope for is to knock down the edges to disguise it and make it less apparent.

Andy

Oh...and I'll back up Kevin...Soveran is the best "WAX" I've ever used...for concourse details I'll only use soveran on a freshly prepped surface...it's an absolutely amazing look...BUT just as with most caranuba based natural waxes durability is crap...like 2 weeks crap...so using it on regular custmer cars makes no sense.

Zaino has soo many benefits (and it's own cult like following on the 'net) that it's a no brainer to use for the majority of my customer cars.

Andy