Mansfield Reformatory

Crash1647545504

http://www.mrps.org/

I went once before a few years ago. I took the Tour of the East Cell block. This building is VERY cool. Built in the late 1880's, it is the largest castle like structure in Ohio and in the top 5 for the United States. It's also the most haunted place in Ohio, if you believe in that kinda stuff. You can stay overnight as well if you wish.

Click on virtual tour and look at the photo gallery to get an idea of how cool this place is. It was where Godsmack Fillmed "Awake" Marylon Manson has used this place. The Movie Shawshank Redemption was filmed here, and it also made an apearence in Airforce One as well as a few othe rmovies.

Anyway... anyone want to go sometimes soon? I would liek to tour the dungon area, I only got to see East Cell Block last time I was there.

Sorry Marc, the sleep over is what the Goast Hunt is. You don't actaully sleep but more wonder the building anywhere you would like, ay your own risk, with a late night pizza and pop dinner at midnight. You have to be 21 or older, and even then, you will have to wait till 2006 because the Goast Hunts for 2005 are fully booked. I really wanted to do that aswell. I would still like to take the Sunday tour or the Dongun and basment areas... I would also like to get some cool pictures of the couryard and the outside of the building.

• 3 weeks later...

I am going with our Ghost hunting group this Saturday, 9/3. We went last year and had a blast. The over night Ghost tours are the best. They are sold out for the rest of this year. They normally sell shortly after the new dates are posted in the spring of the year. They allow 120 people in at one time. But don't worry the place is big enough you hardly ever see them. Also most people leave after the pizza. Here is our groups website. Sorry it hasn't been updated for a while. My wife and I are the founders.

http://corupt1.tripod.com/