How gay is it to drive a beetle?!?!?!

OGRE

OK, i'm thinking of getting rid of the rabbit and buy ing a nicer back and forth car to work that wil pay for it;s self in fuel savings.

I have looked and it looks like the most inexpencive, "newer" car that i could pick up is a Diesel beetle.

my question: is it gey to drive a beetle if it's for the sole purpose of getting 45-50 MPG???

NO it won't be yellow, pink or purple, I KNOW that would be gay!!!

I leave it to you guys, will i become the gheyest ogre ever?

Incredibly gay. It screams "The old lady wouldnt let me have my nuts today"

Now if you did the grease burner conversion, good turbo, good tune, then it wouldnt be as ghey. Something about soudning like a jacked up 3500 ram and leaving 2 pounds of carbon in the air every time you leave a stoplight makes it a little more acceptable.

Guest GSRchick714

Just get a hybrid if you're gonna get a beetle.

...But seriously, if you're going to get a TDI or something, just get a gasoline car and get something with awesome gas mileage. They're all slow so who cares!

A modded TDI can and is fast. They are tq monsters, with a chip, exhaust, and bigger nozzles you can get around 160ish hp and over 300tq, those are @ the wheels.

I've thought about getting a tdi bettle, mostly because you can find them so much cheaper than the golf/jetta tdi's.

Good luck, Do it!

Guest GSRchick714
A modded TDI can and is fast. They are tq monsters, with a chip, exhaust, and bigger nozzles you can get around 160ish hp and over 300tq, those are @ the wheels.

I've thought about getting a tdi bettle, mostly because you can find them so much cheaper than the golf/jetta tdi's.

Good luck, Do it!

Ok but its still a bug!

I don't know if its worth it to get a diesel at this point...I don't watch the prices much but aren't they rising also? Just get a car with good gas mileage but I guess if you're set on a diesel, get a TDI...

As said before the bugs ARE cheaper than the jetta & golfs.

as for looking for a gasoline car, 1 diesels last longer, 2 please tell me where i can find a gasoline car that gets 45-50 MPG under 9000 bucks?

Bikes aren't good on snow and ice, only slightly worse than they are on gravel, jason :D

And there would be NO modding the TDI, only a work car, a K&N and that's it.

thanks for all the responces, keep them comming it's entertaining as hell.

Go for it. Who cares what other people think. Your money and it is a good way to save some $$$. I know a guy that has a Golf TDI and gets 52 miles to the gallon every tank. Not bad if you have a long drive to work every day. Don't know how well those numbers hold up with in-town driving.

Go for it. The Beetle isnt a bad car. Who cares what the others are saying, its just something to drive back and forth to work. It will get awesome fuel milage. Be good in the winter. Fairly comfortable (I drove one from NYC to Miami). The thing will last for a long time. I would do it.

for all the people who say "it doesn't matter what people think of you", i ask you...on a first impression, would you hire a person wearing a business suit or a wife beater and swimsuit? it does matter what people think of you, if you have any self respect at all you should care how you're viewed MOST of the time.

i know a gay guy who is probably one of the toughest guys i know...at the end of the day, he still takes it up the butt though.

don't get the beetle