C6z06

McGraw

so I've been playing around and jumping back and around forums here there and all over the net tonight/morning. And last I heard about the car aside form whateverone thinks they know is that it gets the LS7 motor which is sweeet. And that this Vette is a serious competator for the Ford GT and the Viper... as it was designed to be, correct?

Why is it though this car is getting so shit stormed? It's being down talked by the BMW guys and MB AMG guys, it's like everyone wants a jab at it. Are we as Chevrolet enthusiasts really so hard to stomach as competitors to these guys? Why are we hated so much?

Generally the conversations get moved over to how much of a POS the Vette will be with it's V8 engine and this that and the other and how Chevrolet is not as refined as Ferrari, and Audi, and BMW. And usually just to uphold my unrefined standards I'll join some forums just in the middle of their 1/4 mile arguements and bring up the amazing things a 572 ci unrefined engine can do.

But then it's turned into what rougheans we are and how well we sport the mullet look.

so all these guys that don't like the C6Z06, and tread across my home forum, in my own personal, unrefined, hillbilly way,

I'd like to say

fuck you guys.

thanks, I can at least sleep now ... in my hay loft

Btw, how come Audi has all of a sudden been lumped in with high end luxury and sports cars? They are neither high end nor sports cars.

Because the people that spend a shitload on them would like to think they are.

sounds to me like the high dollar pricks with SPS are getting thier panties in a bunch because they are going to hafto compete with red blooded american wang again. Aww, ta bad for them. At least some of those euro babes will know what it like to be bottomed out again.

It's looking blurry, with a chance chemically induced happiness. That's how it's looking. :nod: BTW, We'll have to wait for after rush (2 or so weeks away) before you guys should come down. I'm a rush chair (one of only two) so at every party/gathering we have, I'm responsible for shmoozing and such. I'll keep ya'll updated.

To quote some great songwriter, Andrew, "You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. You make me happy, when things are grey."

The 06 Z06 is a bad fucking vehical, period. I dont know where the argurment is, and for the price, it is unmatched. You should hear the one Mallet got ahold of up here witha cam and a prototype corsa exaust. I have a video of it running their Mosler M900. Vette sounds plain nasty.

Upload and link. Now.

Btw, how come Audi has all of a sudden been lumped in with high end luxury and sports cars? They are neither high end nor sports cars.

Because the people that spend a shitload on them would like to think they are.

Yeha, my car is slow, not nice inside and can't handle well. I'm going to go cry now because I spent way too much money on it. Which btw is less than your truck mike, if you bought it new (iirc you did?). I forgot to mention my car doesn't look nice either and is falling apart (at 94kmi).

Back on topic now that I’ve shut the peanut gallery up.

I agree with what other people are saying though. They spent a lot more on a car that's slower so they are trying to justify that extra expense. They are right in their own respect but you have to understand that we are a group that's biased towards utterly utilitarian power and suspension (whether it be geared towards handling or drag racing) for the most part. They are right, you won't get the fit and finish or smooth ride out of a C6 Z06 that you will out of a MB SL55 AMG. Any one who tries to argue that point is a moron. Not to say that the Vette is a POS, but it's no high end MB.

Read this next part carefully everyone.

But not everyone wants the same thing out of a car.

An audi is a nice car, but it isnt near the performance of the c6zo6 or the fit and finish of the sl55 amg.

Also, I am biased, and dont praticularly care for imports. Something along of the lines of "If you like your american job, try buying american"

I dont care where a company is based even, it materes where the jobs are that built it.

Go ahead and call me an uneducated redneck, or white trash even, I don't care.

An audi is a nice car, but it isnt near the performance of the c6zo6 or the fit and finish of the sl55 amg.

Also, I am biased, and dont praticularly care for imports. Something along of the lines of "If you like your american job, try buying american"

I dont care where a company is based even, it materes where the jobs are that built it.

Go ahead and call me an uneducated redneck, or white trash even, I don't care.

I never said any of those things so don't assume anything or put words into my mouth. I'm only saying they are as nice as the cars they compete with, just different. i.e. Audi s4, BMW M3 or whatever MB makes in that class. Mike made them out to be POS and you agreed saying that people spend too much on them. They make competitive cars in their price ranges and you can get great values in the slightly used market as compared to the competitors.

I will agree that they don't make high end luxury or sports cars (excluding a few cars like the A8L or the LeMans Quatro). They do make luxury cars and sporty cars. I'm agreeing with this despite the fact that a newer s4 is both much faster and much nicer than any car 95% of this board will ever own. But then again the only car that we've talked about in this thread that can be categorized as both high end luxury and a sports car is the sl55 amg and the ride it gives is probably too 'refined' for most of us (including me, I want to feel what a car is doing). Not that I wouldn't drive it, that's just not what I prefer. I also can't think of one person on this board who drives a car that can be categorized as both high end luxury and a sports car. In fact not very many people drive a car that can be categorized as either in their purest meanings (yours truly included). So to try to say that Audi's are lesser cars than the cars they compete with because they aren't high end luxury or sports cars is just asinine.

The C6 Z06 is a race car, no ifs ands or buts about it. It's going to a much different use than any high end luxury sports car generally speaking. I bet a guy (or girl) who would own both a C6 Z06 and an SL55AMG would put a lot more miles on the SL55AMG but the miles they put on the C6 Z06 would put a much bigger smile on their face.

Upload and link. Now.

Wish I could, but it can not leave my computer. Maybe one day if we get Chuck drunck to say OK.

As for the CL55AMG, in my opinion, different leauge of car. The Vette is not a LUXURY car, and anyone that has owned a chevy knows the interior fit and finish is half ass at best, but for the sub 70,000$ with everything, you wont find a better rocket ship to beat up on Rich boys's CL55AMG on the highway. Not to mention the vette is still NA. I dont want to think what the hag will do when Mallet gets a blower on it. they are still contemplating putting 2 huffers on the car, but I doubt they will. They will stick to there centerfugal in the end.

Too bad.

they have to get thier shit straight seen the new Impala SS? junk, how about the Monte Carlo they're going to make RWD and ad a V-8 to after screwing that up the last few years .... they're just turning them into Impala's. Cobalt SS is supposed to compete with the Mustang's for sales ... no thanks I generally don't like Fords and I'd grab a new Mustang GT over a Cobalt SS.

It's a world thats getting ugly fast especially with the return of American Muscle after so many years of being gone ... and gas prices start going up $0.50 at a time and only dropping by $0.10.

Companies have got to start mixing performance with gas mileage and people on forums are tossing the C6Z06 aside as 'lacking in technology' forged titanium rods .... and a 427 that does not qualify for a gas guzzler tax ... I think we're moving right along.

Yeha, my car is slow, not nice inside and can't handle well. I'm going to go cry now because I spent way too much money on it. Which btw is less than your truck mike, if you bought it new (iirc you did?). I forgot to mention my car doesn't look nice either and is falling apart (at 94kmi).

hahaha!

does you VAG hurt?

My truck is 5 years old! And you payed less for your super-luxo-fastest car evar-VAG nazi mobile! That tells me that Ze German cars DO NOT hold value AT ALL! I still payed over half of what my truck cost new! My truck was originally stickered for over $30,000, and 5 years later I payed over half that to buy it. That tells me that 10 years from now it will STILL be worth a decent amount of money, while your VAG is selling for $500. My truck might not be fast, I think its plenty comfortable, especially when I drove it to Georgia and back using cruise the whole way. But when you snap a halfshaft (which AWD cars seem to like to do) call me up, I'll be happy to pick up the trailer and tow you home.

You know, I wouldn't have a problem with the car except that NEW they go for what, 50 grand? Fuck that, sell it at 35 where it belongs and I wouldn't have a problem with it. I just think that Audi's are way overhyped, when they are just rebadged, somewhat upgraded Vee Dubs. Which aren't worth a whole lot.

look at the GTO sure its not handstitched hide like in a lambo,ferrari etc.. but its is 20times better :):) chevy is gettin there shit strait so :-p

GTO isn't a sports car...its a muscle car, and its not even that great as that.

Maybe if it could turn....