Ultimate Sleeper

desperado

Well, I think I found the ultimate sleeper/embarassment ride. A guy over here at work has a Chevy Astro, 383 motor, running one muffler one one side and two on the other. So it sounds like a 4 banger with an exhaust leak. It's running a 10 bolt with a posi unit, 373 gears. This all sounds great for a Camaro or a Chevelle, but this is all stuffed into a MINIVAN, with the "my kid is a honnor student" bumper stickers. We went out for lunch the other day in it and toasted a couple 3 gen camaros, and Eclipse. All driven by young guys that were just floored when we would let them get up to 80 or so sittiling right on their door, then punch it and drive past them wiht the tires fighting for traction. (The factory tire size on those ain't very wide).

is it the cargo style van or does it have passenger seats? A friend had had a brown cargo style astro van with a 350/350hp crate motor in it with a turbo 400. Only thing in it was the front seats and engine hump......whole rear of it was empty. Used to have some fun in it.

There is a tubbed out minivan on the west side run's i think he said 11's its funny because it has a roll cage on the inside.

Yup .Jimmy's gray astro 406 turbo 350 trans 10 bolt cut down ladder bar's ,4 racing seats and a 10 point and it's all nhra legal!

i saw a dodge dakota at NTR that was rusted out with rusted out exaust a ladder rack that wobbled and different color doors and hood that ran low 12's in 4WD. now thats a sleeper!

i talked to this guy two years ago when he won the burn out competition. its a sprayed 360 monster. it is his towing truck and two years ago his duster (i think) broke and he finished the race with the truck. bad as hell. cool guy to