Auto Recycler

Fiji ST

Got t-boned by an SUV. Fucked up most of the passenger side and roof. Insurance totalled it because it would've cost more to fix it than to just total it. It runs and there's not frame damage, just a lot of shit needs to be pushed out.

Take a look for yourself. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/347307/6

So, you retained salvage on the vehicle right? The insurance company would have reduced the settlement (check that they give you for the car) by the salvage amount they would expect to get out of it at auction. In most cases it's only a couple of hundred dollars. If you haven't settled yet, and you don't have any desire to part it out yourself, you'll probably be better off letting the insurance company take it. As a whole car, it isn't worth too much, but if you're willing, able, and patient enough to hang on to it and sell it one good part at a time, you should be able to get just about NADA value for it.

So, you retained salvage on the vehicle right? The insurance company would have reduced the settlement (check that they give you for the car) by the salvage amount they would expect to get out of it at auction. In most cases it's only a couple of hundred dollars. If you haven't settled yet, and you don't have any desire to part it out yourself, you'll probably be better off letting the insurance company take it. As a whole car, it isn't worth too much, but if you're willing, able, and patient enough to hang on to it and sell it one good part at a time, you should be able to get just about NADA value for it.

I have the car because I didn't have full coverage on it and since they didnt cut me a check, I kept it. (Yes, dumb idea not to have full, but insurance over $2500/yr.) I thought about parting it out, but as a full-time college student, I can't spend countless hours stripping a car, so I am looking to sell it as-is. I do have someone who will pay between 750-1k for it, but if I can get closer to the 4k it is worth, I would be very happy. And someone suggested that recyclers will pay good money for a car that is mostly intact and in good running order.

If you can get even close to a grand for it from a recycler I'd do it. I re-build about 4-5 cars a year. Just replacing panels and fixing them mechanically. Over the last few years I have gotten several cars with only minor damage for just a couple hundred dollars. I just sold a 98 grand am gt, 2 door in almost mint condition 1 owner never wrecked, for only $1200. Theres always going to be that buyer that sees more in something than most people and if your lucky enough to find him thats good. But it sounds like your trying to get rid of it fast. My advice call around maybe you'll catch one of the junkyard guys on a good day (not likely). Or part it out on ebay.