thoughts on 01 Jeep Grand Cherokee

88lx5oh

01 jeep grand cherokee limited.

inline 6, 4x4

what are your thoughts, any problems.. found one i kind of like but need some info

Tranny on them is horrid if not taken to care. also the str8 6 is not really enough power to move them. STAY away from jeeps and durangos

my parents used to have a 2000 (limited, I6, 4wd, etc.). underpowered if you ask me. the brakes absolutely sucked. my parents warped them repeatedly driving normally. new front calipers (newer design iirc) seemed to cure the problem.

visibility wasn't very good. i didn't care for the seats. ride quality and fuel economy were terrible. interior fit and finish was about on par with a neon.

can't say i miss it...

thanks for the opinions, i ahve heard horror stories about them, and then i have heard how bullet proof they are. im gonan go take it for a test drive and see first hand how the ride is. and how the interior feels. im jsut tryin to get some options. i need suv and i keep running into problems.

Why do you need 4wd in ohio? I can understand a larger vehicle for dogs, but 4wd in ohio is laughable.

My sis has a 2000 Jeep grand cherokee, 4wd, v8, etc etc. Gets about 11mpg city and not much better hwy. Rides like ass, my opinion, the thing feels so top heavy not to mention on bumps or things in the road it feels like the car twists. Great power, it launches like none other, lol.

Why not look at like a Toyota Matrix or Subaru Forester? Option of 4wd if you want but with much better gas mileage and still plenty of room. Our Matrix has plastic truck and back of rear seats so when you fold them down its easy for clean up.

Good luck

I would go with something foriegn. But yeah my parents also had a 97 I think it was same tranny problems. both times the str8 6... To get there to get out of its own way you got to nail the gas. On the onboard computer only avg16MPG and thats some very consertive driving i did it on the way to michagain (Used Cruise entire avg time ) Nice SUV honestl the KIA SUV is great as is like a highlander

it rides like a truck (big surprise, i know!). if that's something you're used to, it may not bother you. the interior was ok, i just felt a little boxed in driving it.

my parents ended up selling it to my brother. aside from the brakes and a problem with one of the seats, it seems to be holding up ok. it's been daily driven since it was new.

the passport it replaced was a real piece.

I drove one a few years back quite a few miles back from a wedding in Pittsburgh. I wouldn't drive one if someone gave it to me. HATED the way it drove. It was only a few years old and there was a ton of slop in the steering (felt like something was wrong/loose). Wasn't comfortable at all inside.

A buddy had a 99, I6, 4wd. Always had computer problems, throwing codes, and the tranny took a dump. Have you considered the older tahoes? 88 up are a fairly good looking vehicle, and almost all parts are the same as the trucks. We had a 1993 burban with the 5.7, 4wd, and it got about 16 pulling a 4 place snowmobile trailer, 19 normal freeway. The 1500 chasis was a little light for pulling trailers, would have prefered the 2500, but since the tahoe is shorter, it sould probably ride better.