Styrafoam penuts that disolve in water, I want a block of that stuff

Science Abuse

I'd like to mould more complex carbon fiber goodies, and it'd be super easy to just make the part out of something, wrap it in carbon fiber, then wash out the mould when the fiber is dry.

lost core injection molding... most carbon fiber, as you know, is thermoset, meaning it is baked in an oven at high temperatures. One way that some companies make things is that they use an aluminum core, then wrap the carbon fiber aroudn it. Then when they bake it the aluminum melts out of the core leaving a hollow center. This is called lost core molding. If you are trying to make anything with any real strength that will do it, however the styrofoam peanut material doesn't have enough strength to actually mold anything over as far as I know. In reality I would mould around a light wood (balsa, etc.) and then when you bake the final product the wood will burn out of the center of the object much like when making pottery.