anyone do bodywork? or know of a cheap joint?

baron_

Looking to get my 'ole GTO in form for painting

quarters on 'er already....just need the finish work

i've block sanded a few times myself, but i'm sure someone with some skill could make it quite a bit nicer

could also use front floor pans and a trunk put in, i already have 'em - just need welded in

Looking for someone that does it themselves, so i don't have to pay overhead on a big shop or something....

Anyone do it for a business out of their house or? Know of a particularly reasonable place?

it's hard to find a joint that doesn't just do insurance jobs anymore

i do, kinda. you would just have to tow it 350 miles up to wyotech in penn. acctually my body work is getting a lot better and painting skills also. ive become a lot more comfortable working on others vehicles but not comfortable to do the whole thing. and some things are a little more difficult without supervision. but here in the next couple months ill be fine. then i will just have to find somewhere to work on things.

i'm pretty decent myself, and i've got the car pretty close

but there's something about the skill you learn over doing it a lot...that i won't soon be able to reproduce

the last one i 'finished' ended up being rougher than i'd have liked....

throw paint on 'er and every little imperfection shows through

i do, kinda. you would just have to tow it 350 miles up to wyotech in penn. acctually my body work is getting a lot better and painting skills also. ive become a lot more comfortable working on others vehicles but not comfortable to do the whole thing. and some things are a little more difficult without supervision. but here in the next couple months ill be fine. then i will just have to find somewhere to work on things.

Not that im anyone but I really like your honesty. Most people would have a hard time admitting they arent quite ready to do an entire car yet