which engine is better B20 or B18 for a crx

Guest Hanseljohn

I agree with the above statement that longer gears are more suitable but even then you have traction issues. I make more torque then i do HP and in my dyno curve torque doesnt fall below HP until like 5250 RPM and i shift at 6200.

As far as a B series would go i would use the longer gears to hopefully get you going well enough to keep traction once you make full boost and then you just pull instead of spin. This would all work but so would a shorter geared trans, youd just have to run some kind of stupid sticky tired on the street.

How about everyone just go to honda tech and talk about this. You would also get more opinions from more poeple. But i may as well add in my 2 cents. You can pretty much use either b18, non vtec or vtec, and you have the support of tons of people who have done it before you and specs and charts to go by to make sure you can do it right. You may as well just research some other people's b18's and copy someone's set up that you like and is reliable. That's what the honda forums are for :) .