Rear brakes on a 929?

01929rr

i need to put some new pads on the rear of my 929 i was wondering do i need to resurface the rotors they face some fine grooves in them i wasnt positive i you can have them turned or not can someone brake it down for me???? :microwave:

For the record...I don't endorse using a rear brake, too easy to lock up in hard braking. I use the rear brake around town, but in the country braking hard and shit I utilize the front brake only. I don't need to lock the rear and slide into a ditch then slam into a tree.

For the record...I don't endorse using a rear brake, too easy to lock up in hard braking. I use the rear brake around town, but in the country braking hard and shit I utilize the front brake only. I don't need to lock the rear and slide into a ditch then slam into a tree.

But it's so much fun to combine it with a v-twins engine braking and as a bonus it makes the people following you say WTF.

well that the problem with the 929 the back break doesnt lock up to easy but the fronts are super touchy and i dont went to fly over the handle bars...

purge your fluid in the rear brake system. put new pads on. inspect your front brake pads for cracks, replace them if needed.

how long would you say rear pads would last with moderate to rough riding...?

depends on how much you use your brakes, and how often you ride. when slowing down, I use both the front and rear to slow down. if you ride all the time, you may change them ever season, or every other. inspect them frequently though. they are what saves your life sometimes.

• 8 months later...

Not according to the dealer. cannot be turned for any reason, have to be replaced.

whether that is them trying to make a few hundred bucks or actual truth..

I dont know but I dont think I would want to turn them they are already super thin to start with new

i was pretty sure u can get them turned...but depending on the min. thickness etc they may not be usable..

Edit-- wow just realized after I posted I think I brought back the dead when I seen this one..oops