Talon ESi upgrades

Guest FrancesTheMute

Guest FrancesTheMute

Well, I've been searching for either a Talon or Eclipse and I finally found a nice ESi in my area. Since both engines are the same, 2.0L FWD 4Cyl. I would assume that the parts I looked up for the Eclipse RS I almost bought would fit on my ESi, but I wanted to make sure. Even if they didn't bolt on perfectly, I'm sure it would only take minor modifications. Here is what I was planning on slapping on the engine:

-K&N Air Filter

-Injen RD Cold-Air Intake

-GReddy Evo 2 Cat Back Exhaust

-GReddy 4-1 Headers

-Venom Intake Manifold

This shit fits the RS, but I can't find it for the ESi, will it still fit? I'd like to know before I make the purchase, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Guest FrancesTheMute
They are the exact same slow car. All those parts will work.

You should not waste your money on it. It will never be fast by anyone's definition.

/bubble burster

Hmm...let me think about this. Ok, lemme start here.

A) It's my car, who the fuck are you to tell me it's a waste of money.

B) I know the ESi isn't that fast, I'm well aware of it.

C) I'm not looking for a huge hp car, I can't afford the insurance, the Army doesn't pay that well.

D) I could care less what anyone's definition of fast is, if I want fast, I'll drive my mom's 06 350Z or the Triumph TT600 that's sitting in my backyard.

So please, before you go spouting off stupid shit, please think before you open your mouth.

As for the sponsorship link, like I give a fuck, I wasn't dumb enough to pay $90 for them to find me sponsors when I can do it myself...not my concern if someone is dumb enough to click the link, it just gives me free money for referring them. I'm counting on idiots with crappy civics that think their car is fast to click the link, it's called strategy.

Guest FrancesTheMute
Well, I never said those were the only upgrades planned, those were just the initial...I could always turbo the engine, which I might do down the road, or engine swap for a TSi AWD motor...this is just temporary, and for fun. It's just my commuter car anyways.

What kind of motor is a TSi AWD motor anyway? Ive always wondered.

I bet that swap is super easy. No moving motor mounts or anything.

The "AWD" version of a TSI motor is good for an extra 20 ponies. You didn't know this?

D) I could care less what anyone's definition of fast is, if I want fast, I'll drive my mom's 06 350Z or the Triumph TT600 that's sitting in my backyard.

Since when are either one of those fast?

You need to understand what a fast car is so you will stop wasting your time with non turbo talon.

Hmm...let me think about this. Ok, lemme start here.

A) It's my car, who the fuck are you to tell me it's a waste of money.

B) I know the ESi isn't that fast, I'm well aware of it.

C) I'm not looking for a huge hp car, I can't afford the insurance, the Army doesn't pay that well.

So please, before you go spouting off stupid shit, please think before you open your mouth.

As for the sponsorship link, like I give a fuck, I wasn't dumb enough to pay $90 for them to find me sponsors when I can do it myself...not my concern if someone is dumb enough to click the link, it just gives me free money for referring them. I'm counting on idiots with crappy civics that think their car is fast to click the link, it's called strategy.

What happened to this fucktard? I was about to jump on the pile.

And since when does a huge hp car=crazy insurance?

Hopefully this will teach him to research, or take good advise from people who have been around the same block a few times.