IE doesn't open when double clicked!

Hey guys, with all the computer help questions on this board lately, I figured I would add fuel to the fire. Several days ago, I noticed that IE would not open from my desktop. Finally after about 6-7 times of double clicking it would open. Also if I search for any site from any search engine, I get redirected to some other site. I have checked for all virus/spyware/malware etc, and really cleaned everything I could find.

Any ideas?

Tom

Go to http://www.microsoft.com and download their Anti-Spyware software and run it. It's the only program I've found so far that can kill processes and delete the spyware without rebooting the computer.

That's what you have, BTW. If for some reason that doesn't work, download the IE install package from the same site and re-install IE.

Personally, Firefox is the suck and doesn't solve anything.

Alt + tab to switch windows in IE.

As for the original problem, does your mouse change to an hourglass after the first double click? (ie. computer is working?)

I kinda doubt service pack 2 will fix the problem. Chances are it will only create more. I think the backup is a good idea.

Alt + tab to switch windows in IE.

As for the original problem, does your mouse change to an hourglass after the first double click? (ie. computer is working?)

I kinda doubt service pack 2 will fix the problem. Chances are it will only create more. I think the backup is a good idea.

Yes, it will go to the hourglass, for a second or two, but won't open IE. I have to do this about 9-10 times. Is there a general idea about what i should do with this thing? I want to smash it with a hammer!!!

Tom