Challenge for the all-knowing of CR

JaSSon

The challenge is simple, and it is this: Find the current contact information of a company.

My graphics card died a little while ago, and I'm seeknig an RMA, but I can't contact the company

Info I have:

Company name: Gainward

Gainward.com gainward.de and gainward.net all appear to still exist

Gainwardusa.com is gone.

(408)942-2898 has been disconnected

(510)252-1118 has been disconnected

I am NOT going to call Germany @ +49-89-89839-445. I don't speak German :)

I have tried e-mailing their british and german offices but I have not gotten a reply.

I'm going to be pissed off if I have to eat the value of this card.

Ok, here is what happened to the company.

http://www.geek.com/news/geeknews/2005Jan/bga20050203028972.htm

Here is the link to the RMA form.

http://www.gainward.de/new/support/rma_iframe.html

You have no choice but to call the german company or email them since they no longer exist in the US. As in, they left.

mailto:support@gainward.de?subject=RMA%20Antrag

Germany is an EU country and to do business in the EU you have to have staff that can communicate to other EU countries. Guess what, they speak english. You can call and if they answer in German (hollow = hello) you say (schpreken zee enlish <- close enough) they will start talking in english or get someone who does.

Or you can contact England at + 44 (0) 1753 84 23 60 and they will probably be able to help as well.

I speak German, Jason. We can call tomorrow at break since I'm covering for Marcus.

Fluently? I didn't know that.

Honestly, i'm more worried about paying for international long distance and shipping than I am about what language they speak.

Fluently? I didn't know that.

Honestly, i'm more worried about paying for international long distance and shipping than I am about what language they speak.

its not that expensive Jason. I talked to my brother when he was in Iraq, kuwait, spain, and germany and he said it wasnt bad at all. We shipped stuff to him and it was only like 26.00 for a 20x20x20 box about 35lbs.