What is "fast" in your book?

coltboostin

fast is going it a 180 deg turn at over a 100mph slaming on the brakes 30 yards before the turn and not even a chirp out of the tires while making the turn. thats fast!

my verson of fast changed at deals gap this year in my friends GT3, nothing like going on a road with 318 turns in 11 miles in a porsche GT3!!

-Brett

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think 11's is about as fast as you can go in what I'd consider a street car.my wife rode in my Mustang once and won't get in it anymore.I didn't even hit the juice and she was yelling at me,yet my 4 yr old son says "do power Dad"(while buckled in his carseat) and cracks up laughing when I do a burnout.I think if you run 15 or slower you should wait till you get some mods to take up time at the track.I'm hesitant to baseline my IS300 cause I think it's going to run mid 15.I had to run a Saturn at Trails one Wednesday Night and I thought the tree would never drop for me.

I agree, anyone running a 15.0 or slower should stay home. Im so tired of waiting in line for 17 second hondas to run.

fast is going it a 180 deg turn at over a 100mph slaming on the brakes 30 yards before the turn and not even a chirp out of the tires while making the turn. thats fast!

my verson of fast changed at deals gap this year in my friends GT3, nothing like going on a road with 318 turns in 11 miles in a porsche GT3!!

-Brett

Fucking roadrace/Autocross guys.

Go find a cone to turn around.

Go find a pool to clean, you ignorant bastard.

Wow, that’s creative.

Or I can delegate the job to a maintenance employee, since I (was) a facility manager, but since it’s a seasonal job and its OBVIOUSLY not summer, I guess this situation is null and void eh num nuts?

I am just sick of AC/RR cry babys piping in on Drag/Street racing threads as this one crying “Whaaa, your cars might be fast, but you cant turn, blah blah blah” and what not.

First off, WTF do we care? Did we build the god damn car to be a RR car? No.

Are you going to prove your worth and challenge me to the fastest to make the next oncoming turn fag balls? Obviously not.

Are you going to Road race someone on the street to show off how well your 3000$ suspension’d car turns in my face? Wtf!

And last off, who is to say my car “doesn’t turn” as you people like to put it? Have you ever asked what my best time at Nelsons was? I bet it is much better than your run of the mill street tooner machine. Get fucked because the little Colt that could can do it all.

And either way, who gives a fuck, this is a drag/roll racing thread, so again I say go test your skillz at the local BMV, they have lots of cones there. On 270, 480, 71, your sweet suspension wont help you and your lame excuses.

thats funny i never read anything in the first post that said what is fast for a drag car!

IT'S what is fast in your book.

well my book happens to be Road Racing! i Never said streight line cars suck, your car cant turn or anthing else like that. i just posted what was fast in my book.

and in fact this is posted in the passing lane:

The Passing Lane

This is the automotive-related Common Area. This area covers all automotive related topics, anything from that car you saw on the road to the concept car you read about.

i think we can talk about our little cars going around cones in here.

-Brett

Fixed. I did not mean to offend Ant, but the only "jew" admin is a straight line guy, and Im sure he understands what I am saying, unless I am the only one that sees this "well your car cant turn" bull shit on a semi-regular basis.

Colt, the top two guys here - Anthony and his brother, Chris - are both Jewish. I couldn't quite decipher your above post (so I really don't know what you're saying), but I felt compelled to share, just as an FYI.

Wow, that’s creative.

Or I can delegate the job to a maintenance employee, since I (was) a facility manager, but since it’s a seasonal job and its OBVIOUSLY not summer, I guess this situation is null and void eh num nuts?

I am just sick of AC/RR cry babys piping in on Drag/Street racing threads as this one crying “Whaaa, your cars might be fast, but you cant turn, blah blah blah” and what not.

First off, WTF do we care? Did we build the god damn car to be a RR car? No.

Are you going to prove your worth and challenge me to the fastest to make the next oncoming turn fag balls? Obviously not.

Are you going to Road race someone on the street to show off how well your 3000$ suspension’d car turns in my face? Wtf!

And last off, who is to say my car “doesn’t turn” as you people like to put it? Have you ever asked what my best time at Nelsons was? I bet it is much better than your run of the mill street tooner machine. Get fucked because the little Colt that could can do it all.

And either way, who gives a fuck, this is a drag/roll racing thread, so again I say go test your skillz at the local BMV, they have lots of cones there. On 270, 480, 71, your sweet suspension wont help you and your lame excuses.

What's your best time at Nelson? Nelson is a pretty easy track. There's more to life then a 1/4 mile at a time.

Nelsons is one of those old school tracks you can still die at, quite easily actually.

1:17.2 With less power and stock brakes and Kumho 712's. Not blazing a trail but I dont think it is too terible.

Like to see 1:16 next year with my BFG's up front and Hawk Pads. I dont know if the extra 200whp from then will help or aid in a visit to the tire wall.

personally if it is a reliable daily driven car 12s is fast. If its a weeken toys 10s or better.

I agree if we are talking daily driver (every nice day) street cars mid to low 12's is fast. If it is a once in a while street car that is mainly race/show 10's is fast, but it isn't right to compare the two.

~Erik

My 2 cents i feel if you run these numbers you better be driving whats next to it.

70-80 large van or truck loaded. slowest

80-85 your first car (if that was at 16 and you bought it) slow

85-95 reliable car, good gas milage na v6 or smaller daily driver

95-105 reliable v8 no mods quick

105-120 1 power adder fast

120-130 street driven but not fun in traffic cage very fast

130-140 power adders cage slicks race gas not for street event winner

140- higher prolly on a trailor or corey from slow mo(149)