14s to 13s, stock

12s, you did a mod

11s, you did two mods

10s, quick

9s, fast

8s, faster

7s-6s, damn

5s, someone is paying you

Did you come up with this? It's completely rediculous unless you believe a turbo kit, with fuel and ignition, is "one mod" and the ported and blueprinted motor is the other.

Name me 3 production cars, under 50k, that'll run 11's with 2 mods? A shitbox 93 Firebird sure isn't one of them.

Oh wait, if the "one mod" is dropping an LS1 into a Miata, you may be right.

Being fast is a relative term depending on what your starting with, what your ending with, and what distance your traveling.

No, some cars are just slow.

This is fast in my book

http://www.ekartingnews.com/NewToKarting/photos/superkart.jpg

Did you come up with this? It's completely rediculous unless you believe a turbo kit, with fuel and ignition, is "one mod" and the ported and blueprinted motor is the other.

Name me 3 production cars, under 50k, that'll run 11's with 2 mods? A shitbox 93 Firebird sure isn't one of them.

Yes! I only have one mod then yippee.

1; Ariel Atom with small pulley and drag tires

2; 03 cobra on spray with a chip

3: 04 Cobra on spray w/ chip

1. I qualify "production" as being manufactured in numbers over 10,000 a year and more than 2% of the general public having ever heard of it.

2/3. I don't recall Tilley, Kevin, Kurt, or any others here locally banging 11's. Low 12's yes, but we all know that it's up to the driver.

Mid 1:30s is insanely fast.

Its not really, a T1 vette runs 1:32's and they are not allowed to even do much to them in touring classes. That was on the pro course, but that really only takes about 1.5 seconds off a lap.

A T2 Evo will run around 1.40 on the club course and around 1.38 on the pro course. keep in mind that is stock turbo, cat, 93 octane, stock ECU, No boost control, ect.

Why pay for a Radical when you can build a shifter cart that can do sub-minute laps. ;)

I beleive I'm pretty quick at mid ohio, but I cant imagine lopping of a full 15 secs from my lap time, thats just damn fast.

Cars and Bikes are wasted on 1/4 mile passes, its a fuckin travesty. If it cant cruise on the highway at no less then 140-150mph, it's not fast.

What Kart runs a sub minute? The fastest CHAMP car time is like a 1.04 or a 1.05.

What Kart runs a sub minute? The fastest CHAMP car time is like a 1.04 or a 1.05.

The fastest lap ever observed at Mid Ohio was done by a Kart (that didn't conform to any class rules anywhere, I beleive) during a practice lap. Therefore, it's not "official". Ask around next time you're there, find a Lake Erie Comm person who's been there 5-6 years. ;)

You sir, are one of CR's finest.

:)

The fastest lap ever observed at Mid Ohio was done by a Kart (that didn't conform to any class rules anywhere, I beleive) during a practice lap. Therefore, it's not "official". Ask around next time you're there, find a Lake Erie Comm person who's been there 5-6 years. ;)

gixxerkart :lol:

Everyone has an opinion on this topic - I (think) the original thread here was about STREET CARS, not bikes or trailer queens. My .02 cents = any street car that you could drive & was reliable (meaning you could drive it to work, on a trip, etc) cars in that category that will run the qtr in 13.50 or less / is fast / period.

I think 11's is about as fast as you can go in what I'd consider a street car.my wife rode in my Mustang once and won't get in it anymore.I didn't even hit the juice and she was yelling at me,yet my 4 yr old son says "do power Dad"(while buckled in his carseat) and cracks up laughing when I do a burnout.I think if you run 15 or slower you should wait till you get some mods to take up time at the track.I'm hesitant to baseline my IS300 cause I think it's going to run mid 15.I had to run a Saturn at Trails one Wednesday Night and I thought the tree would never drop for me.

Its the truth. Same story at Nelsons also.