Car ideas for 6k.

Buck531

Throw out some ideas for a half way decent reliable car for 6k.. or around there. I really don't want another car payment, but I'm pondering the thought of getting rid of my car for something else.

Maybe even a mini-van that the wife can use and I'll jump pimp her Regal for a while until I figure out something else.

I know it's not much detail. I really don't want a sports car. Nor do I need it to be ultra fast either. Something more along the lines of a daily driver that doesn't break down every other week.

GTP or GT, Buck. They are reliable as fuck when you don't mess with them.

yeah. I know. I just dont' want something with an assload of miles (over 100k), and the wife will most likely be driving it. I was hoping to possibly get something bigger ya know?

Bigger than a GTP? You mean SUV size big or still a car. I always thought a GTP was among the bigger cars out there.

Is this wrong?

So you are getting rid of the lumina for you wife to get a better car?

Front wheel drive? For under 6k you really dont have a lot of options for a big car. I couldnt think of any off hand besides a GTP.

How bout a blazer or something along those lines. Maybe a 4 cyc accord.

Stock honda's run forever.

If I can get rid of the Lumina I will.. for the price I want for it. Dunno if someone will want it for 6k though.

I could get a GP, or a GTP, but.. naa. I'd rather not. The wife would just get really pissed if I got another car before she did (she's always gotten hand me downs, etc.).

I thought about a Blazer. I found a few with decent miles for under 8k.

heh, if I got an SSEI.. well, no, lets not go there.

I really wouldn't mind a mini van. 99-01 or so. I found a few with good mileage for 7k-ish.

01+ hyundai elantra. seriously. ive had mine since 1,300 miles, and have not had one issue with it yet that i did not directly cause. i get 28mpg city, 35-37 freeway, can fit 4 adults comfortably. the resale value on them sucks. you would probably be able to find an 02 with 60k miles for around that price.

Don't get a Blazer. Get an Explorer. Come buy these injectors and I'll tell you why. :cool:

$60 ;)

If i'm selling the car, I don't need the injectors :).

Eh,, I might just keep it. I HATE looking for cars.. especially one that my wife will drive.

I know the blazers are really shit. I've known a bunch of people who have had issues with them.

oh, and $50 on the injectors ;).

domestic= not the greatest for reliabilty

hundyi and daywoo= even worse, alot worse

BMW= yea pretty bad as well

a good chunk of everything else is reliable.

our family is hard-core toyota, (we have 6 at our house) no problems ever, (of corse my dad is a mechanic so all of them are over maintianed) this guy with a volvo went like 4 million miles or somthing crazy,

toyota avilon?

camery?

mazada melina?

nissian maxima?

and that one sttation wageon volvo makes

I am beginning to think autotrader.com is a scam. The phone numbers are usually wrong and the e-mails require personal info. Probably going on a e-mail sale list.

c'moon down to my car lot, i got a

95ish Buick Lesabre

00ish Pontiac Grand AM 4 door

99ish Chevy Impala

97' Nissian Maxima

00' Nissian Maxima

98' Acura Legend

and if you want an SUV we got A LOT! of those

The production of the Legend stopped after 1995. Anways I'd recommend a 4th generation Maxima they are very reliable.

c'moon down to my car lot, i got a

95ish Buick Lesabre

00ish Pontiac Grand AM 4 door

99ish Chevy Impala

97' Nissian Maxima

00' Nissian Maxima

98' Acura Legend

and if you want an SUV we got A LOT! of those

Watch out for the car lots who have to use the suffix "ISH"

That is all.

are you positive they quit making thet legend after 95'? because i relly think it's a 98, i could be wrong, but i relly thought it was a 98'................

lol, i don't have the book infront of me that says the exact year of each car, i'm just the lot guy. and somtimes i happen to glance at the keytag, and i think they are around that year,

if you want i'll write down the exact years for ya, or just call and ask

anyway it's

Sommer Auto

740-927-2829

hundyi and daywoo= even worse, alot worse

well it looks like someone is still living in 1991. i bought my elantra nov 03 w/ 1,3xx miles. off the showroom floor. since then, i have not had one major issue with it. there were a couple small things, clutch interlock switch (took the dealer a whole hour to fix under warranty), and a foggy headlight, but everything was covered under warranty. ive done oil changes, tranny fluid, etc, all the normal maintenence required by any car, and as of right now, i have a hare under 60k miles, and the only thing i have done major was replace the timing belt @ 60k as reccomended. the car has not given me a major problem that i have not directly caused

not too many people realize that hyundai has really come up in quality over the last 5-6 years, and some people are now reffering to the big three as honda/toyota/hyundai. do some research

well it looks like someone is still living in 1991. i bought my elantra nov 03 w/ 1,3xx miles. off the showroom floor. since then, i have not had one major issue with it. there were a couple small things, clutch interlock switch (took the dealer a whole hour to fix under warranty), and a foggy headlight, but everything was covered under warranty. ive done oil changes, tranny fluid, etc, all the normal maintenence required by any car, and as of right now, i have a hare under 60k miles, and the only thing i have done major was replace the timing belt @ 60k as reccomended. the car has not given me a major problem that i have not directly caused

not too many people realize that hyundai has really come up in quality over the last 5-6 years, and some people are now reffering to the big three as honda/toyota/hyundai. do some research

where are you getting your warrenty work done at? since you live down the street, I'm sure you've noticed all of the hyandai's in the driveway... all '03's... dude, I could make PAGES of stuff going wrong with them.... 2 Sonotas and they are JUNK (one the high end model Sonata... and if I'm not mistaken aren't the Sonata's supposed to be the pimpshit of Hyndai anyways) and an '03 Elantra which has had more issues to bring up also. Every time they have been taken in for service, the service dept's fight tooth and nail to fix things....

You might have gotten lucky, or you blame the things going wrong as things that you caused, but remember... cars are meant to be driven... and as far as I'm concerned a new car regardless of how hard you push on the gas or brake, it shouldn't give you any issues.