Good Music

04r1

ok, gotta name different stuff:

well when I want expierimental type shit I listen to like The Fall Of Troy and The Sound Of Animals Fighting.....only if you can stand screaming tho

If you want some really different rap, I recommend The Streets, they are british..

Alt/Emo/Screamo-Definitely comes to Thrice

If you are into more alternative music... Kings Of Leon....well they are just fantastic IMO

When I want something really heavy I usually go with Stone Sour or Fear Factory'

If you are into heavy stuff and really want to try something different, I recommend Kyuss. One of the members, Josh Hommes, started Queens Of The Stone Age, and let me tell you, QOTSA used to be really good, back in the early 90's. Kyuss is what people classify as "Stoner Rock" meaning it is very melodic and repeating for the most part. Two of my fave songs of theirs are "50 Million Year Trip" and "Gardenia"

If you are interested in a whole new genre, check out some good ol Rockabilly like Nashville Pussy or Tiger Army.

Hopefully these give you a few ideas

Oh, and when I mentioned The Sound Of Animals Fighting, I forgot to add in this....this is the Album's producer explaining how the album was recorded

RICH: what most people will never realize when listening to it is how it was recorded. my idea was to execute the song writing process backwards. i got the best drummer i knew, had him play sick beats for two hours straight at the studio, two of us split those beats up into songs then gave the beats to the best guitar player i know. he added six guitar parts, and so on and so on. at no time did anyone see anyone else in the entire process, at no time did we sit down and write these songs. every musician was simply given a day to record over the previous tracks

GARY: thats amazing

RICH: in a way, the entire album is improvised which, if you know that, and then you listen to it, brings a whole new appreciation to it, i think. even the vocals were done in a day, with no planning, and no prior knowledge of the songs

GARY: wow...the singer is amazing. he wrote all that in one day? it does being a new appreciation for sure.

RICH: whoever it was, had never even heard the songs before. just came in, played the song three times, went in the vocal room and busted out. no lyrics, no nothing.

GARY: so no lyrics were written down? just sung?

RICH: exactly

TSOAF is compared a lot to The Mars Volta's album Deloused. The album has something like a total of 15 musicians and 3 singers. None of them had ever met until AFTER the album was totally completed. Oh yeah, one of the singers is named Anthony Green (from Saosin and Circa Survive)

-Misfits-------old school horror punk shit

-Necro------death rap

-Mindless self indulgence---- umm hard to explain--kind of like atari rock

-Skindred- ---Jamacian rock

-Atmosphere-------- rap/spoken word type shit

-Apathy------Rap....."it takes a seven nation army" is on of my faves...he raps to the white stripes song

-Atreyu-----rock

-Beatsteaks-----rock

-Bloodhound gang-----funny white guys

-Cage------rap

-Danzig-------like Misfits---same singer

-Fight paris----rock/metal

-Kilo ali------ rap to get girls naked

-Micheal Franti---- kind of like chill rock

-Spearhead----same as above...alot of their songs are together

-Mindless self indulgence---- umm hard to explain--kind of like atari rock

my buddy and his g/f listen to msi. i started gettin into it a little in the car, and found a couple songs the other day

as for some music

tech n9ne

breaking benjamin

john legend

counting crows (old school...'august and everything after' from like 1994)

obie trice

just a few things ive listened to lately