C6 Z06 vs modded 03' slowbra

Scotty2Hotty

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do people keep racing these cars??? Year after year after year.... Corvette wins.... Do the Ford guys sit at home and just be like, "Hey Walt, this is the year baby!" Like the Mustang is going to magicaly be faster...??? Stupid asses :o

Why do people keep racing these cars??? Year after year after year.... Corvette wins.... Do the Ford guys sit at home and just be like, "Hey Walt, this is the year baby!" Like the Mustang is going to magicaly be faster...??? Stupid asses :o

The C6 Z06 just came out. WTF are you talking about? A bolt-on Cobra can beat any stock Vette except for the new Z06.

The C6 Z06 just came out. WTF are you talking about? A bolt-on Cobra can beat any stock Vette except for the new Z06.

Im talking year for year, best against best... with the exception of 83... i dont think a Mustang has EVER been quicker than a Corvette... if they were.. id say it would have been between 80 and 85... other than that it never happens.

So my question is... why do these Mustang guys race Corvettes every year like they will suddenly walk all over em?

ITS NOT EVEN A RACE!

Its like taking an Audi A6 and racing an M5... wonder who will win :confused:???

Im talking year for year, best against best... with the exception of 83... i dont think a Mustang has EVER been quicker than a Corvette... if they were.. id say it would have been between 80 and 85... other than that it never happens.

So my question is... why do these Mustang guys race Corvettes every year like they will suddenly walk all over em?

ITS NOT EVEN A RACE!

Its like taking an Audi A6 and racing an M5... wonder who will win :confused:???

So your saying that a 02-03 Vette is faster than an 03 Cobra? I ran 12.89 @ 112.35 bone stock in my 03. I would hope that would give a 02-03 LS1 Vette a run for it's money. As far as Z06's from the same year, a pulley, chip and CB puts the Cobra out front. I thought this was common knowledge. Where the hell have you been for the last 2 years? Surfing too many Volvo performance Websites?

So your saying that a 02-03 Vette is faster than an 03 Cobra? I ran 12.89 @ 112.35 bone stock in my 03. I would hope that would give a 02-03 LS1 Vette a run for it's money. As far as Z06's from the same year, a pulley, chip and CB puts the Cobra out front. I thought this was common knowledge. Where the hell have you been for the last 2 years? Surfing too many Volvo performance Websites?

Let me post the same stuff again... this time in bold so you can more clearly see it...

Im talking year for year, best against best[/Quote]

The 03 Z06 spnaked the bajeezus out of the 03 Cobra... understand? Stock for stock, the best Corvette has to offer destroys the best Mustang has to offer... EVERY SINGLE YEAR. Now... back to my question...

why do Mustang guys race Corvettes every year like they will suddenly walk all over em?

Heres another question... why is this perticular Mustang still racing when he gets a train length put on him??? Does he think the Mustang is going to suddenly catch up?

But what do i know, i drive a Volvo :o

I went back to your original post so you get it. You wondered why a Bolt-on Cobra would try to race a Z06. The answer is because that bolt-on Cobra is faster than any previous generation Vette. Get it! Why the fuck wouldn't he try against a new Z06 to see how it stacks up. I'm finding hard to believe that you can't comprehend this. I can't believe I'm arguing with a guy that thinks a fucking Volvo is a performance car.

i dont really even like mustangs but i cant see why one would say best to best because the corvette has always been high end car. the cobra is still like 10000 cheeper. and not in the same class of car. now im a chevy guy and i have always compared the mustang to the camaro in which the cobra will kick the shit out of a camaro stock to stock. now it was up to gm to build a real camaro and they really never did. the ls1 is a good platform able to make lots of power BUT gm didnt do it ford did. i give kudos to ford.

How much is a Corvette, and how much is a Mustang? I have a bone stock Mach 1 and am right beside a bone stock C6. The c5 z06 can pretty much leave me after me after he gets traction. It is all in the fun of racing.

Why would someone try to make a Volvo fast? ...The world may never know.

I can't believe I'm arguing with a guy that thinks a fucking Volvo is a performance car.

Uhhh theres not really too much to a Volvo that IS performance other than its IRS and swaybars.

Why would someone try to make a Volvo fast?[/Quote]

Because im that fuckin good.