C6 Z06 vs modded 03' slowbra

Scotty2Hotty

Uhhh theres not really too much to a Volvo that IS performance other than its IRS and swaybars. QUOTE]

I know.

I'm not trying to bag on you. I just found your original statement a little out of line. If my Cobra was still just a pulley, chip and CB car I would still like to run a new Z06. I know that I'd get my ass handed to me but it's all in fun. It's usually the same way with Z06 guys. Most know that a full bolt-on Cobra should beat them but they race for fun anyway.

http://videos.streetfire.net/Player.aspx?fileid=79E296F1-1F3A-409D-A91B-AA5B632844C3&term=cobra%20vs%20z06&p=0

It's all for fun.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im thinking a zo6 is like 55,000 and a cobra is like low 40s

new z06 (505hp) best suspension i have seen so far, great power band, awesome styling = $78,000

new 06 shelby Cobra (500hp) lack of suspension, 5.4l dohc with a blower (yet to be determined if it wil lbe a twin screw or roots), solid axel,great styling, = $42,00

lets see... $36,000 difference...

umm buy the cobra be just as fast, and have 36k left to mod.. um id buy the cobra.

and the funny thing is why do all these gm guys compar the mustang to a corvette. its not even in the same category. and then since the cobras are beatin the vettes.. the gm guys gotta pull out the zo6 card. give me a brake.

if you truly want to compare a car for car... it would be like comparing GMs best built factory camaro. the last SS built. vs. an 03 cobra. and the cobra wil loutrun that in a heartbeat.

and its beating the vettes, and with minuimal bolt ons was beating the c5 z06.

so just wait till the new cobra comes out, and we will see what happens.

Why do people keep racing these cars??? Year after year after year.... Corvette wins.... Do the Ford guys sit at home and just be like, "Hey Walt, this is the year baby!" Like the Mustang is going to magicaly be faster...???

Stupid asses :o

:rolleyes:

OK I'll bite.........

I believe that it is in a males human nature to be competitive, so why the hell not race. The faster car doesn't always win. Thats like saying why does Michigan even bother playing Ohio State, we all know the Buckeyes will win. ;)

Next, the Mustang and Corvette are definately not in the same class. The Mustang is obviously outclassed. Not only are they separated by price as everyone has already pointed out, but the vette is a two passenger car, while the Mustang is a four passenger car.

A better comparison would have been made with the Camaro and Firebird (both RWD V8 performance cars in the same class and price range) but as we all know they aren't being produced anymore :( So it's only natural for the Mustangs to try and race the Vettes, what else is left?

If we want to continue to talk about cars we don't even have, using your rationale, lets compare the Ford GT with the new Z06 (Fords flagship model vs. Chevrolets). I guarntee a Z06 owner would love to take a shot at the GT, even though they would be considered the slight underdog. It's only natural.

damn that things fast.. i got a older gentlmen in a yellow one to "bite" at my VOLVO lol he was just giving me a show, that thing on the freeways is just pure bliss, followed him to a rest area and had a good laugh then got a all around look at the new Z06 and i must say its damn nice... ohh and by the way the Cobra's gear ratio correct me if im wrong here is one main reason itll lose top end speed to the new Z06, thats what ive kinda herd but im not and expert on american muscle still learning.. Ohh and just give it up our volvos are not made to be fast, yes they can handle there own with modifications, but without a 5-speed manual its almost impossible to compete, that is why mine will soon bite the dust into a memory book...

Generally it's the mustang guys that will tell you that the Corvette and the Mustang run in different classes and it's not fair to compare them.

car for car, I think the Corvette has always been a better car, but that could be me just being biased.

and though the 06 Z06 and the Cobra have yet to be placed up against each other (at least anywhere I've seen.)

The Z06 did hang with the Viper and the Ford GT40. So I'd expect the Z06 will out do the new Shelby Cobra unless Ford wants to knock a few thousand off of it's GT40.

Generally it's the mustang guys that will tell you that the Corvette and the Mustang run in different classes and it's not fair to compare them.

car for car, I think the Corvette has always been a better car, but that could be me just being biased.

and though the 06 Z06 and the Cobra have yet to be placed up against each other (at least anywhere I've seen.)

The Z06 did hang with the Viper and the Ford GT40. So I'd expect the Z06 will out do the new Shelby Cobra unless Ford wants to knock a few thousand off of it's GT40.

The Vette will beat a new Viper...

-Marc

I just saw Jesus drive by my office. He was in a Z06. I waved and yelled, "Hey, Jesus, it's me, Dr. Z06!," but I don't think he heard me because he just kept driving.

Damn, I would have chased his ass down for an autograph at least.

And on the MSRP note, the new shelby will be in the upper 30's/low 40's, but expect HUGE dealer markups since there will be a very limited availability for the first year.. And even if you can find one; but in the end....

Z06 > slobra (03,04,gt500, doesn't matter)

And I can talk shit, I owned an 03. :D Damn POS.

All im saying is... its like a never ending debate... which is faster... but the debate is only on the Ford guys... the Corvette guys dont give a shit because they know theyre faster.

I dunno, i think im making a mountian out of a mole hill.

Volvo, For Life.

No, I ment C6.

So the C5 Z06 that has 405bhp and weighs 3118lbs can walk you, but the C6 that has 400bhp and weighs 3179lbs gets its ass kicked???

Your 305bhp Mustang that weighs 3465lbs, can walk a 400bhp, 3179lb Corvette???

Somehow, that doesnt make sence... especially vs a stock Mustang of any kind.

You might not be lieing, but i DEFINATLY don't believe you.

EDIT* And if you dont do anything to your car, my S40 will walk you all night long.

300bhp @ 3125lbs turbo auto > 305bhp @ 3465lbs NA 5spd ;)

You are a douche, I am EVEN with the C6. I never said i walked it, my track times are faster then his though..... I have $50 says i make that Volvo miss Germany (or whatever far off land it is from) track, dig, or roll.

POINT- a Volvo is in a different category then a mustang, why would they ever race?

Disclaimer:I try to avoid takling shit, but his comments have pissed me off. He has no clue what he is talking.

You are a douche, I am EVEN with the C6. I never said i walked it, my track times are faster then his though..... I have $50 says i make that Volvo miss Germany (or whatever far off land it is from) track, dig, or roll.

POINT- a Volvo is in a different category then a mustang, why would they ever race?

Disclaimer:I try to avoid takling shit, but his comments have pissed me off. He has no clue what he is talking.

Are you talking about that toolbox in the yellow C6 you came to the dyno day with??? Because i heard him talking about how he wasnt any good at driving it. You provide legitmate footage of your 1 and 3/4 ton white trash Ferrari running door to door with a C6, and ill give you the benifit of the doubt.

Come spring if youd like to run, id be happy too. I have all the goodies on the way so as long as im tuned, bring your gangly ass out and play. We can work the details out later.

Why would a Volvo ever run a Mustang??? Thats a good question... maybe because you ran your mouth??? Remember???

IF you are that fucking good, i woud love to walk that volvo next spring.[/Quote]

Tilley, you and Sam are the judges so get your shit back together :p Hes got all kinds of cameras on his car so he can be the camera car :)

PS - Volvo's are Swedish ;)

PS - Volvo's are Swedish

Yes and Ford own's them so your bashing a car and it's company that controls the future of your passion...

BTW: you talk about Mustangs guys always wanting to race Vette's, I'd say the feeling is pretty mutual there....Production wise these two cars are the Kings of the street's and have a great history so it's always interesting to see them matched up whenever a new model comes out.

Oh yea......Vette's were losing to Thunderbirds before they were competing w/ Mustangs.

I ran my mouth to make a point, any kind of car can legitamently run another type. So if that kid can't drive then I have a chance of really pulling that car. Anything can happen in a race, that is why it is a race. The outcome will not always be the same. If everyone just said "well you have more horsepower, so you will beat me. We don't need to race" then no one anywhere would race, ever.

P.S. I will let YOU be the judge of my tailights, and I am sure we could go three wide with the C6.

u mustang guy mite know , the spelling mite be off, but didnt ford come out with a super mustang it was speicel order only it was calls the stalyen and it came with a cage, it had some stupid hp numbers, it was in the same price range as the z06

p.s. preston ,we can get steve out run 4 wide again lol

:burn: