Come spring the new king of Cbus will be a 4.6 32v 281

Sam1647545489

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are you kidding me.

you realize there are ALOT of 1000-1200 hp 4v modulars

you know upon rereading that I understand what you are saying. But I just want to pint out it does not look good for the 3v. The tunning is an issue on the new ecu's

I never said the 4v was not a capable motor I know that it is. And I don't think you can say it does not look good for the 3v since it is been out for a year. When the 4.6 came out many people thought poorly of it untill the parts and tuning came around. People will fine fixes for any probs that are arise

I never said the 4v was not a capable motor I know that it is. And I don't think you can say it does not look good for the 3v since it is been out for a year. When the 4.6 came out many people thought poorly of it untill the parts and tuning came around. People will fine fixes for any probs that are arise

the key to the 4v are the heads, you can make massive power without touching anything but the rotating assembly... i have seen several cars running 9's with only a built shortblock and a power adder... no porting

no it's not. in a large cube motor with that bore and stroke and rotaing weight I would assume the tq is much higher than the HP.

Don't assume, the motor mentioned makes peak TQ at 4600, do you really think it's tourque is going to dive so fast that it's peak HP is going to be under 5200? to make 1000hp at 6000 RPM the tq. would have to be 875 or just under 850 at 6200. which is not out out of the realm of possability.

Don't assume, the motor mentioned makes peak TQ at 4600, do you really think it's tourque is going to dive so fast that it's peak HP is going to be under 5200? to make 1000hp at 6000 RPM the tq. would have to be 875 or just under 850 at 6200. which is not out out of the realm of possability.

please post your data to suggest that a motor with that bore, stroke, and rotating mass will make more hp than torque and at the rpms you have specified.

If you don't want to believe me that's fine. I am speaking from the experience i have with with engine bulding and from other cars I have detailed information on. But if you would like get all the details down and compare.

Guest Removed
please post your data to suggest that a motor with that bore, stroke, and rotating mass will make more hp than torque and at the rpms you have specified.

If you don't want to believe me that's fine. I am speaking from the experience i have with with engine bulding and from other cars I have detailed information on. But if you would like get all the details down and compare.

http://www.racingjunk.com/exec/ca/view/520120/598-BBF--CHEADS-DRY-SUMP-TUNNEL-RAM.html

http://www.racingjunk.com/exec/ca/view/539364/600-ford.html

Here are some details you can compare! You can even go to the search box and put in BBF and you find many of them make more HP then torque!

Best representation i could come up with based one the data presented was:

598.284 CID

7500rpm redline

928bhp @ 6046rpm

909lb-ft @ 4512rpm

In a stock 1996 chassis w/ 30x15 slicks, and 4.11 gears, the best manual gearbox time it pulled was a 9.46 @150.27mph... with a 3spd auto, 9.61 @ 147.36mph.

Best guess.

So Gearhead is right, it did make more horsepower than torque... just not much more. The motor is very square so the NA figures will almost always be damn near identical... obviously the more power you make the greater the spread but the percentage of the spread should be equal. When i applied a 500shot of nitrous... the motor made exactly 500bhp more, but 978lb-ft more... then it exploded.

who said that motor was being reved that high on a cast crank???

have YOU ever revved a motor with that large a piston with a 4.5 in stroke ?? there is ALOT of force on the rod caps and crank. This is why from the factory import motors typically have a higher rpm limit lighter rotating assembly and lighter valvetrain.

i know of big block cars with cast cranks that have broken the crank revving it too high 6700+ in the same hp range. So no there is no gurantee that this motor will make more HP.

Also he said 1000-1200 is normal all day long. That I am still waiting on.

Guest Removed

http://www.racingjunk.com/exec/ca/view/520120/598-BBF--CHEADS-DRY-SUMP-TUNNEL-RAM.html

this motor made 1000 plus and only had 800 some in torque! It all depends on how you build it powers! Know you go and try to make a 1000 plus hp with no power adder on your 4.6! its not going to do it! Granted most of the motors ive found are over $15,000 and would own anything you could ever build ! And the best thing of all is with a motor this large you dont have to spin it very hard to make power!

this motor made 1000 plus and only had 800 some in torque! It all depends on how you build it powers! Know you go and try to make a 1000 plus hp with no power adder on your 4.6! its not going to do it! Granted most of the motors ive found are over $15,000 and would own anything you could ever build ! And the best thing of all is with a motor this large you dont have to spin it very hard to make power!

Do you realize how dumb you sound sometimes????

Guest Removed

Horsepower is not something you can see or feel. It is more of an abstract calculation than a measurable quantity. But torque is something else. We use torque every time we open a door, wind a watch, type a letter, or "push" is translated into rotary action by any kind of mechanism.

To calculate horsepower, we have to know the amount of work accomplished. Lets suppose a bucket in a well weights 10lbs. and we move it 10 ft. We have done 100 lbs-ft of work!

When torque is measured on a dynamometer, the dyno loads the engine with a brake of some kind so that the engine uses its power to move an ordinary weighing scale. If the dyno is built with a 4 ft arm connecting the engine to the scale, and the reading is 100lbs , then the engine is putting out 400 lbs-ft of torque

To translate the torque to horsepower, we assume that the engine would move the 100 lbs in a circle with a radius of 4 ft., the lenght of the dyno arm. The circumference of a circle is equal to 2 pi r, so to get the distance that the engine moves the weight we multiply 2 pi r x 4. then we also multiply the amount of weight, to get the amount of work done, which gives us 2 pi x 4 x 100. next we multiply the rpm of the engine, because we want to know how fast the engine did the work, or the number of lbs-ft per minute the engine can put out. The whole multiplication goes like this:

2 x 3.1416 x 4 x 100 x 3000 = 7,539,840 lbs-ft per minute.

By general agreement, one horsepower is accepted as 33,000 lbs-ft, of work done in 1 min. So we do the following division:

7,539,840/33,000 = 228 hp (at 3000 rpm)

The formula can be simplified with a few algebraic gymnastics, so that it comes out like this:

Hp = torqre x rpm / 5252

If you know the horsepower and rpm, and you want to find out what torque is, the same equation can be switched around like this:

torque = hp x 5252 / rpm

If you have gotten this far without having a mental collapse (most of you will) you must realize that such effort does not accomplish any "work" by scientific definition.

A ditch digger then, does more "work" than a mathematician who sends a rocket to the moon. Maybe so, but the ditch digging is a heck of alot easier on your head.

omg he went "teacher" on us...

The people tha you're trying to convience have probably been messing with motors longer than you been beatin the meat ;) (ive been doin this shit 13yrs... no need for a intro to engine physics lesson :p)

ZYUL8TRS' conversation with Mullet Rob:

ZYUL8TR: Well I'll be a son-of-a-bitch. Rob's been saved.

Mullet Rob: Well that's it, boys. I've been redeemed. The preacher's done warshed away all my sins and transgressions. It's the straight and narrow from here on out, and heaven everlasting's my reward.

ZYUL8TR: Mullet Rob, what are you talking about? You have bigger fish to fry.

Mullet Rob: The preacher says all my sins is warshed away, including that Piggly Wiggly I knocked over in Yazoo with my Dad.

ZYUL8TR: I thought you said you were innocent of those charges?

Mullet Rob: Well I was lyin'. And the preacher says that that sin's been warshed away too. Neither God nor man's got nothin' on me now. C'mon boys, the Natural Light is cold and the Mustang is built from the roots of 165 other Mustangs.