Happy Holidays.....

Akula

I know there is some debate on this, but I thought I would chime in. I don't say happy holidays....ever. I say Merry Christmas (if I know you are Christian) Happy Chanukah (if I know you are Jewish) or whatever. I have been know to wish my coworkers that embrace Islam a Happy Ramadon (<--sp?). I never say happy holidays because it is so impersonal. If you want to wish well on someone, get to know them, then apply the appropriate type of will.

in response to Akulas post I agree with what you say that Happy Holidays is so impersonal to say to someone, I work at Toys R Us and Pick-Up (which is like bikes, car seats, strollers, and stuff like that) well a gentleman came into yesterday and bought a bike and stuff so IM loading the bike in his car and he says Merry Christmas to me, and my boss is sitting right behind me so I say happy holidays to the guy (trying to save my ass, because saying merry christmas is against compay policy) and the guy flips out and says " what are you too good enought to not say merry christmas" and slams his door and takes off from behind the store, I feel alot more comfortable saying merry christmas than happy holidays, if I know someone that is a different religion try and get to know them and what there customs are for the holidays and wish them a Merry.......... and go on about my business

just my .02cents

Mark