Mac questions

Skinner

Hey looks like things are starting to change for the wife. She on bed rest now due to having contractions today(she feeling good). Anyway she uses a Mac at work and I want to get her a I-book Preferabably with the 17 inch display. So her is a list of the App she uses daliy.

quark 6.1

photoshop CS

Golive CS

Freehand

acrobat

Illustrator 10

word

I'm wanting to get her one that will run these apps without any issues. But at the same time I dont want to spend arm and a leg If I had a budget I would say $3k.

I went to apple.com and built this one.

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/7201107/wo/YMw8Fnri9P2r3IEMSdGigFrGetX/2.?p=0

looks like you cant upgrade the processor.

oh TIA for any info

I dont know exactly what you want to know, but as far as upgrading the processor, the powerbooks come with 1.25 or 1.5ghz processors if im not mistaken and neither are by any means slow, i have a 1.5 and it runs photoshop csII beautifully. but what you have setup there looks great, and the 15" is perfect, the 12" are weak, and the 17" are just rediculous for a laptop. im sorry if i that didnt help at all

well per the site its a1.67 pro

here are the spec on a the 15 power book since the page expired.

1GB PC2-4200 DDR2 - 1 SO-DIMM

100GB Ultra ATA drive @ 7200 rpm

SuperDrive DL (DVD+RW/CD-RW)

AirPort Extreme Card & Bluetooth

Backlit Keyboard/Mac OS - U.S. English

ATI Mobility Radeon 9700

15.2-inch TFT Display

Let's make this alot easier. You can call me at my desk (614-287-5749). If I don't answer, call my cell (614-565-2744).

I'll walk you through setting up what you need, and also get you a helluva discount.

Let me get back with you on this after the first of the year. My wifes boos is considering buying the laptop for her to keep. Of some deal to where she pays a portion of it. Once I get more info I will let you know.

• 3 weeks later...
As I said before, I have a lemon. It is broken again....please please please, have a plan in place for when your mac doesn't work and you really need to get to your applications/data. Apple could care less if it doesn't work so you are basically on your own.

Better to eat the crow while it is hot....

I called Apple customer relations with this POS again.....they finally agreed I had suffered enough. They are sending me a brand new iMac G5. This is exactly what I wanted and can again start telling everyone about my good experiences with Apple. I am happy their customer relations department is empowered with making good decisions on behalf of the customer.