Computer/Printer question

Bird69

I got a new lexmark z735 printer, it worked fine for the first 3 pages I printed. A few days later i went to print another document and it didn't print. The print queue icon on the taskbar would pop up like normal, then disappear with never printing the document. I tired all the troubleshooting steps and got nowhere. I called the lexmark tech support and they had no clue. I exchanged the printer for another new one, this time the lexmark x2350. I understand that lexmark is about the lowest you can buy, but it should at least work. Can anyone help me?

If the print job makes it to the print spooler but not the printer, it seems the driver is telling the printer to throw the job out. Do you have the most updated driver? Are you connected via USB or Network or what?

Try going into advanced tab under the printer, in the control panel, do a print directly to the printer.

Can you print test page from the printer properties page? If it can then it's probably a software thing. Try spool print document setting.

Is it set on USB port for ports? If not then select it.

Does your device manager reconize the printer? If not then try unplugging then pluging it back in. If it still doesn't show up then try a different usb port.

When I try to print a test page it says "Test page failed to print. Do you want to run troubleshooter?" I ran through all of the steps and got nowhere. It's set to USB and I tried all of my USB ports and still got nothing. The decive manager recognizes it and in the printers/faxes folder it says lexmarkxxx 0 Ready. This is frustrating the hell out of me and I appreciate you guys' effort, and I'll gladly try any other suggestions. Thanks

If device manager says it is fine, and the usb ports are fine, and the test page fails, my guess is bad printer. I say that without mentioning the fact that Lexmark is a bad printer in general. All I can say is look and see if there is an updated, or backdated driver and try that. Other than that, you are going to need to put it back in the box and take it back.