Sirius owners....?

Putty

Hardwire. If you are in columbus and you drive around, you are hard pressed to find a clean band. Anyway, you are taking a digital signal and broadcasting it FM (so you get all the same sound as FM not that nice clean sat reception). Figure out a way to hardwire that stuff.

I have Sirius in the Audi with an Alpine deck that is sat radio ready, hooked those up together and "siriusly" the only time the signal goes out is if I am sitting under a bridge or something similar. Super clear and the playback is louder than a CD, you know how you go from fm radio to cd or visa versa, one is louder than the other, well sirius is the loudest source on my alpine.

Oh and is it worth it to me, I have somewhere around 300-400 cd's. when i got sirius i took the cds out of the car. now i have 3 cds in the car. a friends "mix tape" that spins in japan, dj shadow, and beck odelay.

Which model did you get? I may be interested in taking it off your hands if you dont want it.

I got the Starmate w/home kit. It's all boxed up and in the car.....ready to head back to BB.

My car has a button on the radio that says "SAT"...for had I gotten the Sat option. I didn't think i'd ever want it. Here's what it'd cost to get it for my car w/out any external stuff. I'm sure there is a nice install fee involved..

http://www.grubbsperformance.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=999U9&Category_Code=MaximaAudio

Anybody have/try the Sirius S50, portable unit? I'm really thinking about getting it to listen while at work.. Just seems too good to be true .. http://www.sirius.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Sirius/CachedPage&c=ProductAsset&cid=1130363753674

Opinions?

I was reading about this.. You can't actually use the satellite part unless it is docked. I thought about purchasing until I read some of the reviews.

Guest MissTypeS
Yeah, the portable player is only a hyped up MP3 player - you have to record or download songs onto the player for it to be used outside of the dock. That pretty much sealed the deal for me... I got a Starmate for my RSX for Christmas and I can't wait to get it installed. I had a Kenwood in-dash unit in my Integra and I loved every second of having satellite radio. Sirius surpasses XM by leaps and bounds, IMO.