Does Autozone clear codes, if not who will?

Bam

So I've got a code in my GTP for temp sensor because I put a colder tstat in awhile back. I just put my stocker back in tonight and want to clear the code, where can I get this done? I think autozone used to do it for free like 2 years ago, but not sure now.

Thanks

Matt

So I've got a code in my GTP for temp sensor because I put a colder tstat in awhile back. I just put my stocker back in tonight and want to clear the code, where can I get this done? I think autozone used to do it for free like 2 years ago, but not sure now.

Thanks

Matt

Hey Matt,

Bad news, beacuse of emissions testing laws, Aut to zone cannot clear codes. I wish I was back there to clear em for ya, I would check with anyone who has HP Tuners.

Good luck man!

Even HP tuners for other cars would work?

Damn, maybe I'll have to slip the dude a 5 or something

Yup, the scan/code clearing/bi directional shit will work with most GMs 96+, the tuning is really the only thing limited by what version you purchased. You can still edit any config file, just cannot flash it unless you have the support.....or a little black box :D

CG will take care of you

Sheesh, pull the negative battery cable for 15 minutes. This will also clear your fuel trims and block learns, so the PCm will resynchronize itself with the changed timing and fuel trims associated with the different engine running temperature.

Some of you just come out with it and stop beating around the bush :p

Sheesh, pull the negative battery cable for 15 minutes. This will also clear your fuel trims and block learns, so the PCm will resynchronize itself with the changed timing and fuel trims associated with the different engine running temperature.

Actually, you have to unplug it for about 24 hours to clear the fuel trims. It takes about an hour to clear stored historical engine codes.

I can do all of that in 30 seconds.

Actually, you have to unplug it for about 24 hours to clear the fuel trims. It takes about an hour to clear stored historical engine codes.

I can do all of that in 30 seconds.

Not only that but he can also scan for any other codes my car is throwing, if any. Just give me a call whenever, but like I said give me ahead notice if you can. Thanks.

This is also another approved method :p

Go to advance auto and ask to borow the scanner. They let me walk right out of the store with their $600 hand scanner without batting an eye. I just went out to the parking lot with it but hell I could have easily had me a new toy.

Wouldn't have done you a lot of good. It won't display codes on screen, only print them when hooked up to APAL. (Their computer system) Yes, you could emulate it... but why bother? It doesn't scan live, and only pulls powertrain codes... that's why they don't care.

Auto zone has cleared codes for me before. Recently too. Just ask them to scan your car. Then when it pops up with your T-stat code say "Oh I fixed that, can you remove that code?"

They cleared a code for when my iat was fubared as well, or just disconnect your battery terminal for about 15 as they said.

Well they ended up clearing the codes for me no problem, and I traded the GTP in no questions from the dealers. :thumbup: And to the guy who said it doesnt show what the code is I disagree, I watched the guy do it today and read the code over his shoulder in perfect english....

lock this up please!

Guest mithesaint
Sweet..

So, you popped a piston, cleared some codes on your GP, and traded it in. Rock on.

Everyone else.

Stay away from a Red/Burgundy GTP. It's fubared.

Sounds like a sweet deal for some unsuspecting person. Nice move dude. Year? Miles? Just want to make sure....