Bleeding Brakes on 97 Buick with ABS

RS69

I have a 97 Buick that had a brake line blow out from the ABS pump to the left front caliper(due to brake lines rusting out, on a car with 30k miles??). I made a new line and replaced, but I am having a tuff time bleeding the system. I have done my brake jobs on the older non computerized stuff, but it seems I still have air in the ABS pump because the pedal still hits the floor. I am trailering the car up to Stout's in Delaware tomorrow, but I would like to know what the procedure is on GM cars that have ABS. Do I need a special pump or what steps am I missing?

Thanks,

Rick

If you are not concearned with eliminating all of the old fluid, just the air, you can bleed them with a mighty vac. That will allow bleeding without pumping the pedal. Some ABS systems require special steps to ensure all fluid is changed in the modulator, not sure if yours is one of them. But with only 30,000 just getting the air out should be all you need.

After 2 hours of messing with it, I trailered the car to Stout's in Delaware. I believe I couldnt get the air out from the ABS pump. Dan told me that he was going to use a pump. With all of the tools I have, I dont have a vacuum pump for brakes, I never had to use one before. Thanks to all who provided some insite.