Missing the worlds longest, toughest race

Science Abuse

again Fox has decided that Speed TV should not cover the Paris-Dakar Rallye. OLN has picked it up again this year, I'm not sure who gets that channel, but I sure as hell dont.

How can you claim to run a Motorsport network and NOT cover the Dakar?

p.s. If you have OLN I'll give you $25 plus the cost of tapes to record all this years stages.

Speed channel is only good on the weekends. They play less Nascar programming then, and that's when the good road races are on. They at least have F1 and WRC, along with ALMS, Rolex, Champ Car, etc. I've never been able to get into the Paris Dakar thing. It's cool, but the coverage is kinda boring.

Speed channel is only good on the weekends. They play less Nascar programming then, and that's when the good road races are on. They at least have F1 and WRC, along with ALMS, Rolex, Champ Car, etc. I've never been able to get into the Paris Dakar thing. It's cool, but the coverage is kinda boring.

Unfortunately I've been too busy to catch any of it this year, the Ausie V8 series is a blast to watch too. You should check that out.

They were still a much better channel before Fox bought them.

dakar is great television.

i would love to see, just once, a wrc race get the same treatment as say, a college bowlgame.

<cue highlight reel, keith jackson voice overlap>

"mitsubishi has been unstoppable. storming through their season, decimating all who have stood in their way. they return to the sands, looking to repeat as the champions of the desert. but first, they must go through the blue lions of subaru, who have no intention of letting the diamonds take the cup without a fight. its a desert showdowm, two teams on a collision course in the dunes of dakar, and its here on speed, next."

<cue nfl films music>

dude, that gets me pumped up. and then we get to hear keith go "whoa, nelly!" every time somebody ramped a dune.

awesome.

Unfortunately I've been too busy to catch any of it this year, the Ausie V8 series is a blast to watch too. You should check that out.

They were still a much better channel before Fox bought them.

I'm usually able to catch some of the Aussie races. They're on Thursday afternoons, I think. The DTM races are on Wednesday afternoons so I catch those usually.