Anyone heard of a newer Blazer, LT1 swap?

Total Sign

Trading things around I ended up with a new LT1. Don't have the computer, but do have the wiring harness.

The newer Blazers with 4wd and blown 4.3's can be found for next to nothing.

Has anyone seen any how to's online?

I did a search, can't find anything on the newer trucks, all pre 1994 swaps.

Looking for;

which exhaust manifolds or headers to use

where to find a reasonably priced computer

will it clear the transfer case (have never looked under one)

does the 4.3 computer control things that one from say an LT1 firebird wont? Such as gauges?

Yeah, I looked into it. Once I figured out what it would take, I said "HELL NO."

The 4x4 S-trucks are crammed w/ too much stuff up front. It is tight w/ the stock 4.3L in there. That alone was pretty much enough for me, after working on my Jimmy for a while.

4x4's require you to run all Vette accessories; F-body stuff won't fit. This adds a lot to the cost, as the Vette stuff isn't as easy to come by.

Gotta run a different oil pan, no biggie. PCM stuff tends to be tricky for these unless you buy one of the insanely priced PCM kits, then it is pretty easy. I think you can get away w/ the stock manifolds, but obviously have to run a custom exhaust setup.

Overall, not worth it. If my Jimmy was 2WD, I would have in a heart beat. With the 4WD, way more work than it is worth.