Need you opinion on different cell phone models

Sully

I have Cingular service and currently have a Motorola V220. I've had this model for a little over a year and they have already sent me 2 replacements and this one needs replaced too. I called their exchange department today and told them that I'm tired of replacing this phone. She said that since this one needs replaced, I have the option of getting a different model. My options are the following:

Motorola V551

LG C2000

Nokia 6102

Sony Ericsson Z520a

You can go to http://www.phonescoop.com and compare the models, but I feel that people's personal experiences with phones is the best way to "compare" these phones.

So, if you have any experience with these phones, please tell me what your opinion is and which phone you think I should get. I also have the option of getting another V220, but if any of the above mentioned phones is better, then I would obviously rather get one of those.

Thanks for your time.

i have had the v551

it was a good phone.. but then one day the ear piece decided to take a shit.. and i could barely hear out of it.. so i was alwas talking on speaker.

i havent heard of anyone else having this problem, so it mihgt jsyut have been mine.

but other than that.. the camera is nice on it, takes vidoe, phone is pretty damn durable. and gets great reception.

dotn buy a nokia or an LG i have had nothign but bad experince with both companys.

i have been through tons of phones, and motorola is one of the best.

sony phones arent to bad either.

talk to lustalbert. he has a set of MPX200 windows smartphones and a really really cheap price. get a free one from cingular.. sell it on ebay, then buy his mpx200. has every feature you could want.

full windows bases.. with media player 9

plays mp3s, and videos, and has a sd slot for storage up to 1 gig.

From my experience, LG's are very reliable/well-built/user friendly phones. Most motorolas that my friend have had tend to have glitches/bugs and they just feel cheaply made. I used to have a Nokia and it was an alright phone, no major problems minus the casing always fell off. I've heard the Ericsson's are good phones.

Adam (car enthusiast) had a t-mobile phone that (at least) resembled the v551. I know he hated the thing.

I've owned 2 LG verizon phones in the past and both treated me well. But the Nokia and the Ericson semed to have the best features out of the bunch.

DO NOT buy a motorola phone, unless its high end. motorola makes great high end phones. the e-815, the mpx, any of their smart phones = good products. anything else is crap.

this is my opinion, but its based on multiple years of experience in both gsm and cdma carrier sales.

howardforums is another good site for info.

i sell those 4 phones, either go with the V551 or the nokia 6102. personally I would take the V551 over the nokia. the V557 that replaced the V551 is basically the same except for an added sports ticker on the V557. I haven't had any complaints from customers about either, but I believe the V551 is more user friendly than the nokia.

DO NOT get the LG 2000 we offer that phone for free and half of them are returned within 30 days because multiple things go wrong with them

If you are looking for good battery life, the V551 is probably not for you. The phone only lasts about 3-4 days on a full charge, most of that time being spent in standby. My Nokia 6800 would go for 7 days or more. I've had several times where I didn't use it at all for a 3 day period and the phone was nearly discharged.

Granted, the battery on my Motorola V551 is smaller than my old Nokia, but Motorola makes a claim of 225 hours of standby (over 9 days) and 3.75 hours of talk time. My phone has never gotten near these claimed figures even when brand new. I also had the phone replaced in the first 30 days because of the battery life, but that didn't help.

That is really my only gripe with it, but it is a major one because Motorola's battery life claims seem to be outrageous.

On the plus side, the screen is very nice, and the little display on the front is very useful because it display the caller and time without having to flip open the phone.

My roomate has the V557 and loved it for the first 2 weeks then the earpiece died and for some reason he gets really low reception all the time. I personally have the Audiovox 5600 and love it more than any other previous phone ive had, although Cingular currently replaced it with a very similar version and branded the phone Cingular as well.

Thanks for all the info. But, I called Cingular today to have them send me the V551, but was then informed that because it's been just over a year since I received the first V220, that it was out of warranty and that I would have to pay $115 for a replacement V220. I told them where they can shove their V220 and said that at the end of the year when my contract is over, I will be cancelling my service with them. This was the last straw with Cingular. I work for Verizon Business, so I will most likely be switching to Verizon because I get a discount.

Thanks for all the info. But, I called Cingular today to have them send me the V551, but was then informed that because it's been just over a year since I received the first V220, that it was out of warranty and that I would have to pay $115 for a replacement V220. I told them where they can shove their V220 and said that at the end of the year when my contract is over, I will be cancelling my service with them. This was the last straw with Cingular. I work for Verizon Business, so I will most likely be switching to Verizon because I get a discount.

wtg. I had my nokia w/ cingular and the service was horrible. I've had an LG (vx6000 & vx8100) w/ verizon ever since and i've been extremely happy, especially with my verizon discount.