4G63T Galant

cjackson

Been throwing ideas around in my head again, thinking on a 4G63T swap into a newer Galant. Also thinking about a Shep AWD tranny. Anyone know any of the particulars on this, how much fab work goes into it? Any info is always appreciated.

Looking at a 99-03 model, been rooting around on Autotrader and Ebay checking prices on them. It would be sweet to just get ahold of a VR4 from Japan, but I'm too poor for that shit. Not sure where to look to get stuff imported. Never been in that scene, and I don't know who to talk to for it.

yeah, i used to have an 01 galant. let me hip you to a better idea...

http://www.rippmods.com/products/products_list.asp?menuid=3&vehcId=15

most will tell you that an even better idea than that is to sell it, and buy something with a little more potential. ill tell you that its your money, and you can do whatever you like with it.

yeah, rippmods has some powerful shit. they also do a nice SDS for the 03+ tiburon, but it seems like ross is just now getting some reliable source for tuning, reprograming a stock ECU to compensate for bigger injectors, etc etc. but i do know that his stage 2 SDS kit for the GK tiburon was (IIRC) pusing like 300+ hp, which is a nice boost over the stock 172hp the tibs are rated at. and if i remember correctly, his stage 2 kits were @ 10-11psi

check out http://www.newtiburon.com for some more info on RIPP. there are a lot of people over there that like to bash ross for his kits because the owners failed to tune properly and blew their engines. and alpine (another s/c co for the tibs) owners are usually the ones to bash RIPP. its a solid kit, it just needs, like any other f/i option, good tuning to keep it working correctly