New Bia Bia....

Putty

The article he is referring to is with a prorider (Ricky Gadson) and the times are *corrected* to see level and perfect meteorlogical conditions. In reality he ran high 10's but SPORTRIDER did there usual magazine test BS and floated the numbers to sell magazines...:rolleyes:

Go to any of the major dragbike sites and ask Rickey yourself. ;)

Read my post again....

Get a little drag race experience under your belt and you will have FACTS to post instead of magazine article pipe dreams....:rolleyes: Considering the SS600's are barely running faster than that and they have ALL the tricks done.

um.....i have PLENTY of drag racing under my belt. not so much with motorcycles, but i am NHRA licensed for 125"+ wheelbase to 7.5seconds. I started drag racing at 13 with juniors and moved up to super comp (8.9 index) in a 8.0x dragster. Shit that new V-rod runs 9's and it has shitty power and weighs a shit ton. I'm guessin those are inflated numbers as well. The cycle world test was not the same as the sport rider one. they did standard mods, and lowered it. shit they had either a 600rr or 636 that ran 10.0x as well iirc. they have the timeslip, you can't say shit about it.

Ive ran my 636 at trails several times just for fun. My best run is 11.1@124 mph. The only mods i have are a pIIIUSB, TRS slip on. Im not a pro drag racer by any means, but i remember i was getting my R/T to .05. I doubt an R6 does high 9's stock without it being at least strapped, the main reason i wasint breaking tens other than my lack of expierence was i couldint keep the front wheel down. But maybe its just me.....

copied from another board-

Today, in Palmdale, California, WITH A 25 MPH HEAD/CROSS WIND, in front of all the Cycle World editors and representatives of Ducati, Honda, Triunph, Suzuki, Kawasaki, and Yamaha, Rickey G does the impossible.In a test for Cycle World for the best Middle Weight bike out, Dragracing has now experienced it's first BONE STOCK 9 second 600 pass..... Or passes!!! Guess what....... It wasn't on a Kawasaki. The Yamaha R6, ran a BLISTERING 9.93@135mph, backed up by a 9.98@135mph. The numbers were.....

1.54 60'

4.17 330'

111mph 1/8mi.

9.93@135mph

nice scooter, must suck making the decision on what to ride... ;)

So what is done to it that it is ready for a Z06?

Nothing is being done to it besides the slip-on. I have no problem saying it'll take any of the local vettes out. Cars need to pick on CBR F2 F3's, katana's, and older gix 6's. The new 600s are just too fast.

Also, the average "street rider" won't get a 600 below 10.6, if they can get it there. Gadson is superior.

copied from another board-

Today, in Palmdale, California, WITH A 25 MPH HEAD/CROSS WIND, in front of all the Cycle World editors and representatives of Ducati, Honda, Triunph, Suzuki, Kawasaki, and Yamaha, Rickey G does the impossible.In a test for Cycle World for the best Middle Weight bike out, Dragracing has now experienced it's first BONE STOCK 9 second 600 pass..... Or passes!!! Guess what....... It wasn't on a Kawasaki. The Yamaha R6, ran a BLISTERING 9.93@135mph, backed up by a 9.98@135mph. The numbers were.....

1.54 60'

4.17 330'

111mph 1/8mi.

9.93@135mph

You still aren't reading between the lines. The TIMES ARE CORRECTED for elevation and temperature. They ran at what LACR or one of the other high altitude tracks which is at 2700' or 3700'. So they pulled out the trusting calculator and for the last time CORRECTED THE TIMES.

Rickey Gadson THE ACTUAL RIDER posted all of this on one of the drag boards. The bikes all ran in the high 10's and CORRECTED they CALCULATED the 9-second numbers. They are not REAL WORLD sea level readings.

The only 600's that are getting in the 9's are FAR FROM STOCK. We are talking SS class rules which means slammed, geared, miled head, no gasket for raised compression, degreed cams, 20lbs. of led in the nose, etc...etc.. and every other drag race trick in the book. THESE ARE NOT EVEN CLOSE TO STOCK BIKES.

For reference the same mods on a liter bike are getting low-9/high 8's On a stock wheelbase bike.

You need to get out of the house more and NOT BELIEVE everything you read in a magazine. I am speaking of REAL WORLD results/testing not what someone else has fabricated and published in a magazine or on the NET....

well, if they dont say that the numbers were caculated, then how am i supposed to know that?? Sorry that if someone tells me they ran a number that i'm not thinking about calculations and such. i guess that means my talon is an 11 second car then....

I guess from a stop the bike should have it pretty easy, but from a roll, these modded Z06s come to mind, and I would think a 600 would have a tough time keeping up after 100mph.

After 100mph? Try after 60mph. I owned 600's daily - and that was on the old set up with just a small shot.

Putty - the bike is tits. :cool: