98 Cobra Svt

Guest hotrodmama024

Guest hotrodmama024
Had a question for any mustang people, how much do these cars come stock, and what kind of intake could you put on these? ex husband came with a new car, and he wont tell me what he put in it (sandbagger) so i am trying to figure out the options he had. Anyone help me? Thanks

They were rated at 305 fhp and 300 ft.lbs. There are about a million intake options as far as "Cold Air Intakes", but as far as the actual intake manifold you can basically only shorten the runners. Certain short-runner intakes do well, but basically aren't going to help unless he has at least 4.10 gears and full exhaust. The jist: a 96-98 Cobra won't beat an LS1 Z28 without gears, that is assuming equal drivers. A stock geared 96-98 Cobra is looking at 13.90+ in the quarter mile on street tires.

A stock geared 96-98 Cobra is looking at 13.90+ in the quarter mile on street tires.

Not true! I had a bonestock 97 Cobra that went 13.60's all day. With gears, meter, DR's, exhaust it went 12.90's....

The 98's are a little stronger also and have been know to go 12's with just gears. IMO....the 98 is the best year of that motor/bodystyle configuration.

Guest hotrodmama024
no my ex husband that has been putting money into a mustang and ignoring his daughter for the last 10 months. Which now that he has his car and everything set in his life, he is ready. horse shit! i want to kick his ass on the road!

Guest hotrodmama024
Not true! I had a bonestock 97 Cobra that went 13.60's all day. With gears, meter, DR's, exhaust it went 12.90's....

The 98's are a little stronger also and have been know to go 12's with just gears. IMO....the 98 is the best year of that motor/bodystyle configuration.

so your saying that this 98 cobra can do high 12s stock? crap. alright time to mod. I think he has a cold air in it, and exhaust. :bs:

That is pretty damn good, on average though I think that 13.90 is about right. That is why I try to avoid generalizions.

No offense but you guys need to get out more. The 98's were def faster than the 96-97's. Maybe not on paper but they dyno'd higher and ran quicker with equal drivers.

I have seen several bonestock 98's go 13.3-13.5 with less than 500-miles and a P-plate. With 4.10's ONLY I have even seen a couple break consistent 12.8-12.9 with ZERO other mods. This is at Houston Raceway Park in about 85 degree heat.

FWIW, my dad's '98 Cobra stock except pullies and T/A went consistent 13.5x's @ 105.x mph with crappy 2.1x 60 ft's last year at Tri-State. This was his first time to the track in that car, 90+ temps and the car had over 70,000 miles on it. Based on that, sub 13.9's should be a cake walk stock.

I have seen several bonestock 98's go 13.3-13.5 with less than 500-miles and a P-plate. With 4.10's ONLY I have even seen a couple break consistent 12.8-12.9 with ZERO other mods. This is at Houston Raceway Park in about 85 degree heat.

Wow those are some great numbers for that car.

so, is this a "can i beat this guy" thread? havent seen one of these in a while...

lani, get a zex kit for 500 bucks, put the 75 jet on there, and go fuck this guy up.

hell, get a wet kit, put a 150 shot on it, and fuck up a bunch of people.

damn them to hell, the z06 crew has the right idea. if your ltx/lsx motor isnt fast enough, juice it.

lani, get a zex kit for 500 bucks, put the 75 jet on there, and go fuck this guy up.

damn them to hell, the z06 crew has the right idea. if your ltx/lsx motor isnt fast enough, juice it.

Gospel.

so, is this a "can i beat this guy" thread? havent seen one of these in a while...

blow it up and then ot the shit out of it ! :p