best albums of 2005?

large_x7

Since I am easily distracted from trying to diligantly do my taxes, what are everybody's favorite albums from 2005? Not necessarily albums released in 05, but albums that were purchased in 05. my list (in rough order) would be:

1. Arcade Fire-Funeral, Best described as "eclectic" The album is much better as a whole than any of the radio singles. Saw these guys at Lollapalooza, too. Awesome show.

2. The Postal Service-Give Up, If the Arcade Fire are "eclectic," these guys are "electric eclectic" If you like "Such Great Heights" (the single), you will love this album.

3. Sufjan Stephens-Come On, Feel the Illinoise, Given to me for Christmas by a buddy who has "Greetings From Michigan." Kinda artsy-folksy. I didn't like it at first, but it's really growing on me. Currently getting heavy play on XM 43.

4. The Flaming Lips-Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots, I hadn't heard any of the songs on this album, but I bought because somebody told me it was good. It is.

5. Kaiser Chiefs-Employment, Really rocking brit-pop. Also saw these guys rock at Lollapalooza. Their frontman is insane!

6. Green Day-American Idiot, Yeah the songs on this are really overplayed, and almost the whole album has been released as a single, but it's still a really good listen.

7. Snow Patrol-Final Straw, kinda like Coldplay, but without the whiny frontman.

Dissapointing Albums:

1. White Stripes-Get Behind Me Satan, But I guess almost anything would be disappointing after "Elephant"

2. Weezer-Make Believe, I guess I'm still waiting for them to make another album as good as Pinkerton

3. Foo Fighters-In Your Honor, IMO, this album suffers from just being too long. They could have cut this down to a 12-14 song album and made it much better. But there is some good music on here.

4. Killers-Hot Fuss, this album was so overrated that I didn't even buy it and listened to all the shitty music on Mix 97.1 instead.

I'd rather listen to 60 minutes of men farting

Now I know why you enlisted.

I havent bought any albums, but I did get a shit ton of good music this year.

Elvis discography

SOAD Discography

Dream Theatre Discography

Linkin Park Discograhy

Gwar ""

Savatage ""

Johnny cash ""

The Who ""

The Police ""

Many more I cant remember.