Wiring question, but different

Science Abuse

power converter. If you have a computer power supply you don't need, find the positive and negative 12 volt and hack off the connector. Be careful, they also use other voltages so make sure you've got the right wires.

Why the fuck are you running a headlight off wall power?

if you don't use the cigarette lighter conection (the part with the fuse) you should put an inline fuse.

unscrew the tip of the cigarette lighter connector to reveal the fuse inside so you can buy the right fuse.

If you have any cell phone chargers or any sort of Transformer you can check to see if the voltage is right and just cut the wires and adapt it to your application.

if you don't use the cigarette lighter conection (the part with the fuse) you should put an inline fuse.

unscrew the tip of the cigarette lighter connector to reveal the fuse inside so you can buy the right fuse.

If you have any cell phone chargers or any sort of Transformer you can check to see if the voltage is right and just cut the wires and adapt it to your application.

I thinkyou're going the wrong way. I'm talking about using a car part in a house, not a house part in a car. ;)

No cheap Radio Shack solutions?

Your talking about powering a light that was designed for 12volts and around 55 watts with 120volts. Also the 12volts is DC and the 120 is AC so its not really gonna work to well. You might get it to flash one for a second, but I doubt it would run long. A normal computers power supply would be tasked to run a light that powerful so running it for a long amount of time would probably burn out the computer supply. I'm not really sure though since I've never had a need to power a cars light with a wall outlet. I usually just plug a light into the wall that was made for it.

I'm kinda curious about what your trying to do. Its kinda unnecessary to use a cars light in a house, but if you really want to you'd need a power converter such as a computers power supply. They are also correct its the yellow(+12) and black(ground) wire on the power supplys harness. I've adapted a computers power supply to drive my telescopes motors and computers from my wall outlet. It works much better than the 12volt battery that it was originally designed to work with.

btw I also wired a computers powersupply up to a mark 3 supra's seat at my computer desk so I have a nice place to put my ass while I work at my computer for long hours.

Evan

6 amp draw. Could be doable on a computers power supply, just make sure to check before you fire it up or the room will smell funny for a little while. A computer power supply may say it is rated for 400W, but that is the combined of all circuts, the individual circuts are alot less.

You have a battery charger laying around? You have a 12V power supply without the filter capacitors.

And just for refernce, DO NOT use one of those "wall wart" plug in transformers. Most are only rated at 1 amp max, so again, the room will smell funny for a while.