Opinions

wnaplay1647545503

Dude you play with hello kitty dolls?

Nah, he's talking about my hello kitty air freshener that smells like bubblegum.. old news.

maybe for a mid 80s POS they did but currently that are numberous OEM kits out that tha look great. the mazdaspeed for my 3 is tits but way to pricey.

uhh, you need to re-read jon's statement, because you make absolutely no sense. He said the OEM shit is better than body kits, and you just said the same exact thing he did after your poor attempt to flame him... atleast that's what I understood out of your 5th grade engrish.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, he's talking about my hello kitty air freshener that smells like bubblegum.. old news.

uhh, you need to re-read jon's statement, because you make absolutely no sense. He said the OEM shit is better than body kits, and you just said the same exact thing he did after your poor attempt to flame him... atleast that's what I understood out of your 5th grade engrish.

:o :o lack of sleep own me...

Everybody keeps saying get better wheels, but I don't see a huge problem with the ones he has on there now. Just lower it, boost it, and call it a day.

Its hard to see the wheels from my sig pic but they arent bad at a glance, but upon close inspection they are really curb rashed. I am looking for some new ones and I am in talk with a guy about buying some new lowering springs to reduce the height. I was thinking of black rims with a polished lip. Anyone(Brian) know anything about a k20 engine swap for this car?

You fail to keep in mind this is a budget project as in my wife has all the money and I cant justify spending any money on a car I will be bored with after summer is over. I am just looking to get my feet wet with doing different things to it, yet keeping it looking decent. As far as it being fast it is plenty fast for me. Once I start working on it, it will probably stay in the garage. That was the plan for the eclipse until she took it over. I am not looking to go top of the line with my parts. Why exactly wont the stock struts handle the 2" springs? Is it safe to assume that a 2" drop is what it appears to be (exactly 2" lower than it is now)? This is a needless toy that I have obtained for little money and looking for things to do to.

I have a buddy with a Delsol, mind you, his isn't the ugly pre '95 style with the little bubble lights, so it already looks better. He is using Tokico HP's with the Tokico lowering springs. It lowered it about 1.5 inches. It isn't enough for me. If I were you I'd get some Eibach springs with Koni adjustables, one of the best setups for Civic's.

maybe for a mid 80s POS they did but currently that are numberous OEM kits out that tha look great. the mazdaspeed for my 3 is tits but way to pricey.

Okay Mazdaspeed, that's what?? Made by Mazda? Yeah OEM? Anything OEM looks better than a lame piece of junk body kit. Any civic looks better with OEM fogs and lip kit than some ugly body kit.

2" is too low. Handling will be shit and your spine will hate you unless you get some camber adjusters and struts to go with the springs. I lowered my Civic 2" with springs only and it sucked ass.. the stock struts weren't meant for that. Get some 5-way adjustable struts with some 1" lowering springs. When it comes to suspension you really should do it right or not at all.

Because they are softer than aftermarket struts. With short and soft lowering springs your struts will "bottom out" over normal bumps in the road, leaving the frame (and your spine) to absorb the rest of the shock. Also without camber adjustments your wheels will have too much negative camber, putting less tire on the ground and wearing the insides out real fast.

First of all, judging from the pictures he's got atleast a 2.5~3 inch gap between his tire and his fender, so 2 inches will be perfectly fine. The handling wont necessarily be shit either. The only way it will be shit is if you do exactly what Ricochet said, and just lower without replacing shocks.. that's why his handling was shit. Usually any car lowered more that 1.5 inches over stock requires aftermarket shocks otherwise your OEM shocks will blow out after 2 or so months because you're riding on shocks with improper shock travel. THAT's where you get the shitty handling from. Lowering a car 2" on OEM struts isn't going to make the struts themselves bottom out either, most likely Ricochet was hitting bump stops, and that problem can be solved easily by cutting them.

I would personally suggest that you go ahead and get those springs you were looking at, and find some suitable shocks you can use with that application, preferrably adjustable ones so you can adjust the dampening yourself if you want a softer or stiffer ride.

The camber plates are another thing though.. you could do without them and rock the camber which I doubt there will noticably be any, but just know that this will cause premature tire wear. Camber doesn't exactly reduce the contact patch but you will notice a difference in turn-in handling and you should have better overall handling compared to stock. The biggest problem of premature balding comes from improper toe which can cause massive amounts of scrubbing. You shouldn't notice extreme tire wear from a small amount of camber.

I highly doubt the setup your getting will be too mild for street seeing as how most "lowering springs" aren't normally on the extremely stiff side and are usually progressive rates which means the more they are compressed the stiffer they get. I drive my car quite a bit on the road and i'm running a very stiff setup which is circuit ready and it's bearable. Right now i've got my car lowered pretty close to 3 inches over stock with 8kg/mm(450lb)front coilovers and 6kg/mm(350lb)rear race springs and i've actually had to convert my car over to short stroke shocks to get proper shock travel, and invest in Roll Center Adjusters that way I dont have a large side affect of Bumpsteer. I run around -3 degrees of camber up front and i've been driving on the same tires for about a year and a half now and they're still nowhere near bald.

You fail to keep in mind this is a budget project as in my wife has all the money and I cant justify spending any money on a car I will be bored with after summer is over.

In that case i suggest the WANT ADS should be your next mod. It's a 16 second del sol, but be proud of yourself, the average person would have already been bored.

In that case i suggest the WANT ADS should be your next mod. It's a 16 second del sol, but be proud of yourself, the average person would have already been bored.

I want to at least have it long enough to get the top of it once. :D

And why does everyone assume that it is slow?

definitely get the springs, and there is no point in getting the springs unless your going to do the shocks as well, otherwise you'll be just like every other idiot out there bouncing down the road and getting laughed at by everyone else.

Get some good dampers or don't do anything at all. We understand its a cheap project, but honestly, don't waste your time or money to do it half assed.

Here is a picture of it....basically in the front the spring rests on it, and i'm not sure how the rear is on the del sols, but i'm pretty sure its separate.

http://www.2kracing.com/product_info.php/cPath/4_61_1368/products_id/5050?osCsid=e224930299804a393406c7dde8b4a597

Basically it makes the rides, the springs set the height, but the shocks/struts handle bumps, dips, etc.

That's what I meant, they were hitting the bump stops and leaving the rest of the car to take the hit. We're talking Ohio roads man.. he'll have to slow to .5mph to go over a speed bump. It'll handle somewhat better but I feared for my life when I took onramp turns too fast because one little bump and I would have bounced my way off the side of the road. It felt like I was riding on jello.

Sounds like you needed to shave the bumpstops, which most springs call for. I've had many lowered cars, from an integra, to gti, to focus, to quite a few others, all OVER 2 inches, one as much as 2.75inches, and they all rode beautifully.

dude stop trying to buy cheap shit off ebay, go with reputable names in the business and you'll be fine. Most are the same but some are adjustable. Go with Koni, H&R, Bilsten, Eibach, Tein, Tokico, KW, etc etc, good shit is NOT CHEAP. And I would buy online, not necessarily ebay, but online sites because we don't really have anything in good shops locally and they will most likely tack on a charge so it'll be more expensive locally. I've always ordered parts online.

Just get either of these kits and you'll be fine for a long time. Just don't half ass it like people say.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOKICO-ILLUMINA-SHOCKS-SPRINGS-HONDA-CIVIC-92-00_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33590QQitemZ8033758290QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOKICO-HP-SHOCKS-SPRINGS-HONDA-CIVIC-92-00_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33590QQitemZ8035001103QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Skunk2-Pro-Series-Full-Coilovers-Civic-Integra-92-01BN_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33590QQitemZ8035178861QQrdZ1

Of course the Skunk2's are the best, then the Tokico Illumnias, then the Tokico HP's. And remember you get what you pay for, $50 springs vs. $600 Coilovers is a whole lot of difference.