How many points for a Reckless Op?

Science Abuse

you shouldn't be charged for them unless its considered a major violation if so its 60 months

here are the requirements for a standard company in Ohio

At-Fault Accidents (AF)(0 - 35 months) No more than 1

Minor Violations (MV)(0 - 35 months) No more than 2

Combination of Accidents& Violations(0 – 35 months) No more than 1 AF and 1 MV

Not-At-Fault Accidents (NAF) (0-35 months) No more than 3 if no MV or AFNo more than 2 if any at fault accidents or minor violations

Driving Experience Any owner or principal operator with less than 3 years driving experience must have a rated parent or spouse in the household with three years driving experience.

Prior Insurance Proof of continuous coverage for at least 6 months required. (Continuous coverage is defined as no lapse in coverage)

Comprehensive and Unattended Collision Losses (applies at policy level)*Does not include T&L(0-35 months) No more than 2 per policy (Comprehensive and unattended collision losses will only be considered when the total claim payment is equal to or greater than $400)

NOTES:

· All accident/violation limitations apply on a per driver basis unless otherwise noted as a policy level criteria.

· Drivers within the same household may not be split between Nationwide Nonstandard and Nationwide Mutual/Mutual Fire.

· Prospects who do not qualify may qualify to be written in Nationwide Nonstandard.

· All accidents will be considered At-Fault (AF) unless validation in the form of a police report or letter from the prior carrier validates the accident is Not-At-Fault (NAF).

· Not-at-fault accidents with an uninsured motorist will not be counted as a not-at-fault occurrence.

· Multiple comprehensive losses as a result of a single storm will be considered as one occurrence.

· Customers transferring from Nationwide Nonstandard must show proof of continuous coverage for at least the previous one year (with no claims or lapses in coverage).

· If any driver in the household requires an SR22 filing, the policy will not be eligible for the Nationwide Mutual/Mutual Fire Company.

· If any driver in the household has an unverifiable driving record, the policy will not be eligible for the Nationwide Mutual/Mutual Fire Company.

· This company placement chart will be used in combination with the insurability guidelines for eligibility determination.

hopely this will answer everyones questions If not let know

Major Violations(0 – 60 months) Major Violations(0 – 60 months)

Great post... very close except Nationwide now uses matrix scores on top of everything in which credit could be both an advantage or disadvantage. This matrix score is calculated based upon the above criteria along with your credit score. In some instances according to the above guidelines you would quality for standard coverage BUT still be thrown into the non-standard company if your credit is week. It also goes the other way. You could be just on the non-standard side of things but if you have outstanding credit we'll look past other factors and rate you in the standard company.

Also, used to be that you could have unlimited comprehensive claims without a worry, now more than 3 total (combined for all drivers) comprehensive losses in a 36 month period will also now bump a policy to non-standard. It's amazing all of the considerations taken these days in rating a simple auto policy.

Also...Benz guy talk to the judge. I had a reckless stick for some stupid stuff I did on a bike a few years back BUT the judge reduced the point value of the violation to just 2 points because my violations weren't "THAT" bad. The insurance company still sees it as a major no matter how many points the state of ohio issues so you're still screwed on the insurance side...but maybe the state will go easy on you with points and fines?

Andy

For those that don't know, an insurance company (as I understand it) can only punish you on you primary car, any other cars you insure they have to price you as if you're a 25 year old adult with no violations. Now your primary car is, of course, your newest, most expensive car.

not true...

my primary car is my 87 Iroc, then my 98 camry, then my bike

147 in a 65 is a 6 point, one night in jail ticket that I know for sure. Maor burn outs in front of spice bar is a 4 point ticket.

Wait, your car can't go that fast, right? ;)

Don't forget the towing of the car. I faintly remember a story about a 155 in 55 when racing the full 270 circuit was a "thang."

Tony

Great post... very close except Nationwide now uses matrix scores on top of everything in which credit could be both an advantage or disadvantage. This matrix score is calculated based upon the above criteria along with your credit score. In some instances according to the above guidelines you would quality for standard coverage BUT still be thrown into the non-standard company if your credit is week. It also goes the other way. You could be just on the non-standard side of things but if you have outstanding credit we'll look past other factors and rate you in the standard company.

Also, used to be that you could have unlimited comprehensive claims without a worry, now more than 3 total (combined for all drivers) comprehensive losses in a 36 month period will also now bump a policy to non-standard. It's amazing all of the considerations taken these days in rating a simple auto policy.

Also...Benz guy talk to the judge. I had a reckless stick for some stupid stuff I did on a bike a few years back BUT the judge reduced the point value of the violation to just 2 points because my violations weren't "THAT" bad. The insurance company still sees it as a major no matter how many points the state of ohio issues so you're still screwed on the insurance side...but maybe the state will go easy on you with points and fines?

Andy

Ohio isn't matrix plus yet which is what your reffering too. We do use matrix pricing but credit is does not affect company placement as of yet. (will happen probably in the next couple months).

115 in a 65 is six points, just something I'd share from experience :)

My record was clean for over a year btw ( 2 tickets 1 year changes scale)

But

118 MPH in a 55 was 2 points for me. Cop told me he went easier because i was straight with him when he asked how fast i was going .. I told him 135 when i seen him....

After that i have had 0 tickets and a passport 8500 :)

BUT

my buddy had a ticket that same month

he was dinged with 6points racing ticket / ( I was behind him and other guy) and got it reduce i think to reckless op.

its as the cops descression if speeds are wreckless op or not.