Brake line double flaring...

martindc1

Does anyone know where I can rent a REALLY GOOD double flaring tool? I have an OK tool but I need to double flare a line on the car and between it being on the car and the fluid running out it is a PITA. It seems as if the Ford brake line is a bit harder than the stuff that can be bought at NAPA and such. I need to make this one stick and it needs to be a perfect flare because my rear brakes depend on it.

just buy a decent one... if you're only going to use it for these lines, why spend a ton of money? the cheaper ones at Autozone will do the trick... that's what I used for my brake lines and 5k miles later they haven't let me down yet.

I hav ea flare tool not sure if its the good kind. honestly tho my flares suck i ended up just replacing the whole line, like you said your brakes depend on it just buy a length of line with the fittings and bend it to your needs.

I doubt they are stainless judging by the rust on them, they seem to be a bit harder though. The tool I have is basically the same as the autozone tools but seems to work better. I looked into replacing the whole line but figured I would give flaring it another shot so I sucked it up and went for it and made a decent double flare. If the bastard leaks then I will probably make a whole new line.