Hobbies

Buckeye1647545503

Skiing, home and car audio, biking sometimes, hiking/backpacking/camping when I can get trips in, running when I'm not being lazy, drinking heavily. I don't suggest many of those though if you want any money to put into cars. Especially not skiing or audio stuff.

wankin' it

snowboarding

nerdgames (Battlefield 2), especially pissing off the nerds who play it incessantly and take it more seriously than life itself

fucking my girl

drinking

going to the gym an playin in pickup games of [whatever]

practicing my pong skyylllllzz

Nitro RC truck racing indoors at the franklin county fairgrounds and keeping the ol lady happy!

What you got?

I thought about this again a while back but held off. What's a decents setup run for Nitro these days? Electric was going to be $2,200+ just for the basics to race... :(

Playing music - usually the biggest expense is up front (buying the guitar, drums, flute, whatever)

Paintball - expensive and I don't get to play much anymore

R/C Planes - I'm just getting into it, but it too seems expensive

Baby making - is expensive when you make the baby

Car repair/maintenance - sometimes its more expensive then others

Table Tennis - cheap once you have a table. anybody else play?

Running - pretty cheap and runner's high is nice

Hobbies are fun.

What you got?

I thought about this again a while back but held off. What's a decents setup run for Nitro these days? Electric was going to be $2,200+ just for the basics to race... :(

It's definitly not a cheap hobby to get into. I started out with 1/10 scale stadium truck about 4 years ago and I had an easy $1000 in everything I needed to race with. That includes the tools, truck with mods, tires, starter box, FM transmitter and receiver, and Nitro fuel (which is $30 a gallon now). 1/8 scale buggy was ALOT more $$$ to get started in but also alot more fun than 1/10 scale ST's because they are a shit load faster, they handle like they're on rails and they don't break nearly as much as a fragile 1/10 scale ST. Now I race both a T-Maxx and an E-Maxx monster trucks. Niether one are very expensive to pick up used and the parts can be bought dirt cheap on EBay.

If you want more info check out http://www.crcrc.com for indoor racing and http://www.cbrcr.com for the outdoor track in Grove City.