Need suggestions for car for g/f

Nitrousbird

I think the Grand Prix would be good for her and also, similar to the grand prix, I am really starting to like the looks of some of the Impalas. If you get either of these cars, make sure it is the 3800 series motor.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-Chev-Impala-LS-Sport-wheels-sunroof-bucket-seats_W0QQitemZ4613574583QQcategoryZ6169QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

She hasn't found anything yet (she honestly doesn't know what she wants).

I looked at a bunch of Subaru's on auto trader, but all the automatic cars were out of her price range for the years/mileage she wants. Though she can drive a stick, she doesn't want one, and I don't really want her to have one.

She loves her G6 rental car, but that's too much $$.

06 G6 V6 Sedan with power everything, alloys, adjustable pedals, telescopic steering wheel and keyless entry. $15900! You can tow up to 1,000 lbs. with it. I just got my fiance one and she loves it. I'd get one too if I could get out of my Equinox. You should at least give me a shot. I'll get you the best deal my manager will give me. Our dealership needs to sell 20 cars in the next 3 days to hit our bonus that our GM put out for us.

Out of everything I've driven or seen mentioned in this thread I would look at these:

Jeep Liberty - Only if you can find one with ABS and ESP. You can find REALLY cheap lease prices on these right now - brand new.

Saab 9-3 - Might have a hard time finding one for a reasonable price

Chevy Equinox - I actually like the look of these and I think they have "Stabilitrak"

Olds Intrigue/Grand Prix - i haven't had a problem with my Olds, however as far as steering feel, handling, and stability in adverse conditions I am not a fan.

Mazda Protege/Protege 5 - I loved mine and know a lot of people with 5's that feel the same.

Mazda 6

Lincoln LS - Maybe a little too big for her, but they are nice cars, good handlers, and ESP.

After driving a ton of different cars and evaluating their performance with ESP/ESC (Stability control) on and off I will never reccommend a car to a friend or family member that is not equipped with it. Anything that is going to be driven in all weather conditions should have it IMO.