Picked up another Chevy

RS69

All,

I just purchased another vette, this vette is an 87 that is in outstanding condition. This wasnt a hard deal, my father in law has owned it for the last 8 years and I know the last owner before him. I really didnt want to buy it, but the wife wanted it, so we know how that goes. I rather had bought a ZR1.

I have been the wrench on it for the last 13 years and there has been no problems. Anyhow, I am the third owner on a red on red 87 vette with 55,000 miles.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v167/RAS69/f1cf6fd0.jpg

Also, my 74 vette is still for sale.

tell me you still have your camaro

but the vette does look good if you have to settle to drive something else

Yes, I still have the Z28. I got the brakes finished last spring and I couldnt get it to start, so I replaced the fuel pump and that is where I left it for now. I will get back into after I finished the front fender on the 69 vette. I am presently repairing a 2-3 inch chip and will repaint the front fender.

The 87 wil be the equivalent as my 5 liter mustang. I drive the 5 liter on nice days, my wife will drive the 87 vette on nice days. When I go to vette events outside Delaware/Franklin county, I will drive the 87. The 69 only get 9-10 miles per a gallon and it only driver status at this time(paint is not good enough for shows). Next year, I will repaint the 69. My brother and I are building a professional paint booth so I will be able to do high end repaints and my 69 vette is on the radar and the other projects( Z-28, Chevelle, etc). I can and have painted in my pole barn, but it will be easier in a booth.

yeah I've always hated those wheels.. Car looks in great shape though

Yeah, I really dont the stock rims either, but the car is 100% stock and original. I am planning to get some ZR1 type of rims in the future and oh coarse Borla exhaust(simple bolt ons that will not hurt the future value). Borla's sound soo good.

Automatic or 4+3? It looks great! I wish you many happy miles. Be sure to take the targa top off as much as you can...it'll make you glad you bought the Vette!

Also, you'll want to spend $400 on a front camber brace and cross-brace, the body will stiffen substantially and you're handling will get much better. Plus, less squeaking.

http://www.r-dracing.com/Camber-brace.htm