The "Ultimate" Truck

Guest 78novaman

Theres a Cummins Dragster that ran a 7.98 in the 1/4 and a truck that has ran 10's.A guy I work with has a big 4x4 xcab Cummins Dodge that is going to Trails this Spring to see what it will run.He does the pulls with it and broke a Dana 70.It dynoed at 970 plus ft/lbs of torque and was dissapointed cause he thought it should've broke 1000.He has it apart right now to get more power.Those things are getting scary cause they don't spin.I've heard they launch in 4wd then shift on the fly in 2wd.This is ugly but some people are serious about this. http://www.teamdiesel.com/

Shhhh, a lot of the Powerstroke and Cummins guys say the Duramaxes can't make power. Don't let them see this video.

I will say the performance seemed a little slow for the amount of power the truck was making on the dyno. Of course the guy didn't exactly use the lightest diesel GM truck either.............

There was a guy at the Mopar Nats a few years back with a 15litre Cummins in a late 70s ex-Air Force Plymouth 4-door 4x4 truck. That thing was just about the sickest vehicle I've ever seen, had a huge lift over 49" IROKs and EVERYTHING was black, not a spec of chrome or any other color anywhere on the vehicle. He had charts from a 1000hp dyno with the "TQ" line going off the top of the range by 1700rpm.